Any other Insomniacs?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any other Insomniacs?

Quote Originally Posted by argohunter View Post
    I hated being in the city.
    I know what you mean. There are no good public places to ride. The only way to get riding time in is if you know someone with land. I went to BONG recreational area early this summer only to find out that tey wouldn't allow my 6x6 on the trails. Really ticked me off, as I called in advance to see if it was OK, and they said yes. Since then, I've been finding out that like I said earlier, no public lands will allow 6x6's. I really only use my boss for deer hunting, but I like to run it once a month to keep the juices flowin'. I made a plow carriage this past summer, so I'll be working it through the winter. You know how Wisconsin winters can be. We already got some good flurries down here. How 'bout you? I just read an article in "Wisconsin Sportsman's Digest" about a place called Dyracuse Mound Rec Center. I'm gonna research it more this week to see if they will allow 6x6's. Anyway, good to see your post.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

Smile AATV riding........

You are always welcome here.....I'm sure a few of us would most make you welcome and provide GREAT riding areas.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff t-boss View Post
    I know what you mean. There are no good public places to ride. The only way to get riding time in is if you know someone with land. I went to BONG recreational area early this summer only to find out that tey wouldn't allow my 6x6 on the trails. Really ticked me off, as I called in advance to see if it was OK, and they said yes. Since then, I've been finding out that like I said earlier, no public lands will allow 6x6's. I really only use my boss for deer hunting, but I like to run it once a month to keep the juices flowin'. I made a plow carriage this past summer, so I'll be working it through the winter. You know how Wisconsin winters can be. We already got some good flurries down here. How 'bout you? I just read an article in "Wisconsin Sportsman's Digest" about a place called Dyracuse Mound Rec Center. I'm gonna research it more this week to see if they will allow 6x6's. Anyway, good to see your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    You are always welcome here.....I'm sure a few of us would most make you welcome and provide GREAT riding areas.......
    Amphiman. Us Cheesehead Boys in Packerland just need to get together with a convoy out to some of these great places that we hear about and see in the videos.

Actually one of the problems here in Wisconsin is that the State does not recognize our machines as an atv and does not require registration for them. Without the registration, we can't legally ride on any State trails or the Bong Rec Area.

That leaves us to private land. I am from here in up north Wisconsin but I lived many years in Southern and SE Wisconsin. I drove my first 6x6 which happened to be a brand new Amphicat on the Rock River in Janesville, WI. I Jeeped and 6x6'd in N. ILL, WI and MN in the 60's and 70's when we still had places open to us etc. but all that has changed.

So anyways, you can read all my posts in Route 6x6 about our registration situation in WI. There are a lot of 6x6 owners in Wisconsin. There are two dozen registered members listed on Route 6x6. Some of them used to post on there but I think I am one of the few if not the only one that posts here. Some people got discouraged or maybe are here but never post or changed their handles. I do know that almost every month, I can find a half dozen 6x6/8x8 machines for sale in this state. Most of them are around me but quite often in SE WI or Madison

Jeff... we should really get together. I use my Max and Argo mostly for hunting too. I have several weeks of vacation left to use and most of it will be spent hunting and riding. I think we have about 6-7 members of 6x6World that live in WI. Most are down your way.

There is an off-road park off Hwy 2 in Rockford, IL I suggested to some of our Northern IL members to check it out to see if we are allowed with our machines but have not heard either way. Can't remember the name but it is on the south side of the city east of Hwy 2.

Have land up here to ride on with plenty of swamps. Where in WI do you deer hunt? I'd welcome you to ride with me on our land. 7-8 hour drive for you I would guess.

Mossman lives around Tomah and I think he is the closest to me. Have to meet him yet. I would really like to float some of the cranberry bogs they have down there and go fishing.

I am close to the MN border too but I can't ride there because our machines are required to be registered in MN and we can't register them from being out of state.

We had snow yesterday and again today. Stuck for a while and then melted before I could even think about plowing .

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post

I don't have the most riding area, but it is a good mix of water, swamp trails, logging and atv trails. I actually have to register my machines so I can try to make some of the upcoming rides. Argohunter, you can't register out of your own state? I've heard of it being done on imported vehicles in states that are strict on various things, when the car is inspectable/registerable in another state. Maybe a possibility? Makes me want to register my Attex in Arizona, where I can register it as a vehicle. Driving an Attex to work??? SWEET!
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post

Argohunter, you can't register out of your own state?
    I have been told that I can register it out of state in MN but only if I keep it in that state example being at a business or recreational property that a person would own. If I owned a Hoot, I could have it registered because it meets the requirement to be considered an atv meaning you straddle it to operate it. I can register it as a boat in my state but boats can't use the atv trails either

Guess I need to find a friend in another state where I can register it as an atv but not have to keep it in that state so one day when I do get a chance to get together for some of these fantastic rides out of state, I'll be legal.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Just checked on that Dyracuse rec area. Closed from October till April. BUMMER/Heavy Sigh!!!!

Argohunter, I sent you a PM.

I have been told that I can register it out of state in MN but only if I keep it in that state example being at a business or recreational property that a person would own.
    Thats the scenario I have heard before. And your on the right track with a friend's address. All you need is an address in the AATV-friendly state to get the Registration, and you should be good.

If I owned a Hoot, I could have it registered because it meets the requirement to be considered an atv meaning you straddle it to operate it.
    Sounds like all you need is a scrap PWC for the seat, and a temp install job untill your registered

I can register it as a boat in my state but boats can't use the atv trails either .
    OK, I would ask to see that in writing. And if it's not, your golden untill they change that law. (And I would pay GOOD money to see that meeting. )
    "Next we need to discuss the matter of people driving registered Boats on the State ATV trails"
    "Where do we have ATV trails on water?"
    "No, their driving them on the dirt trails"
    "BOATS!?!?"
    "Well Boats with wheels.."
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread