Max Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Springer

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Whipper, I think you have one of the widest selection of machines out of all of us here on 6x6world.com. By the looks of it, that is fully automated and water cooled.

Em, Are what we calls, a CNC millen mchine......... Just another way to make many small pieces from one big peice

Everyone should have at least one

LR

Is the design of the carrier setup in something like Pro-E? I was just wondering who did the initial modeling of the carrier. I could watch it work all day long.

What a feeling of satisfaction when you pull the "little part" out of the machine and walk over to bolt it on...

~m

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Mike
    The first carrier was made off a napkin sketch ..
    That's classic, hehe.

Whipper, have been wondering about the flywheel on your Briggs Attex. Is it stock or aftermarket. I know there are billet lightweight wheels made to rev and stay together, but the ones I've seen don't have magnets which = no charging system. Do you have a tach in the Attex, if so what does it say?

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 03:02 AM.

I know of 2 tachs recommended.. an analog Auto Meter "Jr Dragster" , and the Digitron stuff. Digitron has some kind of helmet mounted Wireless HUD display option. Other cheap tachs update too slow.. lag time on rev.

The flywheel "Online store with Racing Go Kart parts and Jr Dragster partsfor go kart racing and Jr Drag racing!

Both of us, esp you probably need a scattershield.. they wrap the exterior of the briggs fan/flywheel cover with strap steel around the OD. An aftermarket flywheel seems mandatory on the smaller lawn mower engines where they can come apart at 5-6000. Ours may be made better but if it fractures it could be deadly. ARC wheels are about 1/2 the weight of stock, rev quick off the corners on the lightweight racers but we may need more weight, I do more so than you. No magnet/charging system is an issue.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    ... some kind of helmet mounted Wireless HUD display option...
    Too Cool. Something like this? Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Motorcycle News

Latest update

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Whipper, that picture really puts it into perspective just how much work is involved. I hope everything goes smoothly and like everyone else here I will be anxiously awaiting any updates.

+ Reply to Thread