attex reverse

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: attex reverse

attex reverse

hello im john.has anyone use the parts from a snowmobile that had reverse.use the axel with reverse thanks

I'm not sure how you'd get a snowmobile transmission to work on the 208 John, but there are people on this site- myself included, that would probably trade you a reversing transmission even up for the original straight shaft. The reverse and non-reverse ATV manufacturing transmissions both fit on the same base.

Good Luck with the 208 project.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

attex

my tranny that in the 208 might be going in the scrambler

attex

ive seen a small dunebuggy with all the snowmobile parts with reverse,and had an idea,like in the middle of my tranny just put the snowmobile tranny for reverse

That's basically what the reversing version of your transmission is. It's a planetary gear setup that doesn't really increase the overall size of the trans. as a whole, and it's a "known quantity" when compared with fabricating a reversing setup to fit your existing machine. There are plenty of the correct ATV Manufacturing Co. reversing transmissions out there that will bolt directly into your machine with absolutely no modifications.. Sign me up on the list of people who will trade you a reversing trans. for your "forward only"...

~m

+ Reply to Thread