Post pics of your Argo Atvs!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Argo Atvs!

I work out in the bush, remote Compressor Stations, 8 days on 6 days off. After hours I have time for stuff like that. A couple sets ago I rebuilt my 6x6, all new chains, seals, brakes, couple axles, ect. when I got it, it had been sunk in a Beaver Pond for who knows how long with nothing more than a bit of one back corner sticking out of the water.

http://usera.imagecave.com/moosecaller/IMG_0505.jpg
    http://usera.imagecave.com/moosecaller/IMG_0507.jpg
    A work in progress with the help of the good people on boards like this!
    1980 8x8 16 hp tecumseh, new tires, new chains, new wiring, all greased up.

my argo before ...

This is a picture of my agro as I bought it...
    Attached Images

My Argo

This is now ... Still in progress (new motor)

Attachment 173

tucker, can you try to post that last picture again so that we can see your progress? I don't know what happened to it

Red face my argo now (x2)

Lets try this again

24 hp honda
    1700 warn winch
    fog lights
    tach
    fuel gauge
    battery gauge
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tuckerfr; 08-10-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: more attachments -- didn't work

Man, that looks great. You sure did a clean install on that motor. It looks like a tight fit too. I see the gas can in one picture. Is it drivable yet?

Thumbs down my argo

Yeah,
    Thank you....

I have driven it several times since those pictures. Didn't want to use the fuel tank untill i cleaned it.. and could hide the gas line from the tank....

I have since found out that my exhaust was venting on the wrong side.. I have a fan set up and I was blowing cold air across a hot muffler then accross the motor and out the passengers side where the exhaust also vented...
    Now its different.. I have two fans on the passengers side blowing cold air accross the motor then across the muffler and out the drivers side...

I need to rebuild the tranny... the differential is bad.. when you apply brake on one side, it stopps both sides.. makes it difficult to turn...

Tracks

Nice re-install, don't get too good at it or you'll be too busy putting in engines for other guys & not be able to get out to PLAY!!
    Last edited by artist1018; 08-30-2007 at 08:45 PM.

More Pix of my Argo

Updated Pictures of my Argo....
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread