Post pics of your Argo Atvs!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Argo Atvs!

Salamander, I like your Argo,the camo is great.

Cory, what can I say, nice looking machine, and a great place to ride.
    I haven't been to Alaska for a few years, I want to come back to go salmon fishing again. I wish I would have had a 6x6 there then.
    Bruce

Cory,,,What I have heard,,,is the back tires do the swimming,,I still have all of mine (6x6) on like salamander does,,I have not tried switching the front over to the way you have them now,,Maybe you should take your 8x8 for a swim now,,then just change the back 4 around,,see how it swims then. Someone on here should have that answer for you.,,,,Mark

Quote Originally Posted by hdble View Post
    Cory, what can I say, nice looking machine, and a great place to ride. I haven't been to Alaska for a few years, I want to come back to go salmon fishing again. I wish I would have had a 6x6 there then.
    Well come on up. Trailer the 6x6 up here this summer and lets go fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by m350 View Post
    Cory,,,What I have heard,,,is the back tires do the swimming,,I still have all of mine (6x6) on like salamander does,,I have not tried switching the front over to the way you have them now,,Maybe you should take your 8x8 for a swim now,,then just change the back 4 around,,see how it swims then. Someone on here should have that answer for you.,,,,Mark
    I will have to do some experimenting it sounds like. swapping the rear two would work out better for pulling out of the banks and running through the mud since the weight is in the front. Sure hope thats right! Still a few more weeks till ice out though!

Think I figured 6 possible combos of tire positions, trying to get the most out of my poor swimmers. The way your conquest is now, in water, will pull out of the steepest bank in reverse. The back end being lighter mainly plus the tire direction. You can also back into water on a steeper or higher bank. The back tires doing the most swimming idea, is if they're out of the water further, ie not loaded. If you were caught in big waves, going in reverse with the back end higher... lots of things to think about. Some tires and direction will raise or lower the front end by pushing or pulling water under the tub. Like you said lot's of ways and testing. I would be inclined to run the back three in swim position and only the front in mud traction, if at all, because I know how poorly the rawhides swim the way you have them on. But you can always swim in reverse. You will like the way the runamuks swim! They don't do much in reverse, however. You'll like the ride, too. Try to stay off pavement and hard surface and not wear the fins down.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

"Still a few more weeks till ice out though!"

Wow last few day's here in CT,,,been Hot,,82* or so yesterday,,to hot for April,,and dry,,been like 13 days with no Rain,,News keeps talking about fire danger,,,already,,Not Good,,,No Ice down here.,,,,Mark

r.e. camo

The Mossy Oak camo blends perfectly with wetland spring colors here in Ontario. Glad to hear y'all like it too!

[QUOTE=cory_Alaska;15551]Well come on up. Trailer the 6x6 up here this summer and lets go fishing!

Hi Cory,

May take you up on that sometime, had a great time last time I was there.
    The scenery and wildlife there are incredible.
    Brought home 180# of salmon last time up.
    Bruce

my old argos(and a buds)

here ya go 78 4 stroke ,7? 2 stroke(blown engine)both 6 wheel and orange, a buds8wheel 2 stroke(someone put a chapperal 400 in it)green.
    Attached Images

here its swampy but no glaciers!
    Attached Images

New Frontier 6x6

Here's my new Frontier 6x6. Got it on 5/1/08. First ride 5/3/08. Pic taken in Alaska

+ Reply to Thread