Biggest and Best Tires for a Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest and Best Tires for a Max II

Max II on 25" Rawhide IIIs

This is what it looks like and I heated up my body and hung it from the rafters too take up the slack and get the body away from the tires.

Bushman
    Attached Images

Looks Good

Bushman, looks good, it's surprising what a "careful" person can do with a heatgun.

Smile big tires--heat gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    This is what it looks like and I heated up my body and hung it from the rafters too take up the slack and get the body away from the tires.

Bushman
    Looks good .Real ,real good! Will the body stay up on hot days? or will you block the sides up when it,s sitting in the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Looks good .Real ,real good! Will the body stay up on hot days? or will you block the sides up when it,s sitting in the heat?

Sure does look good! Ditto on Philipatmaxfour's questions....also how did you rig it to hang??
    Hammers should have warning labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Killr View Post
    I've got 25" tires on my Max11 and I believe that the taller tire not only gives more ground clearance but a better drive because of it's taller sidewall.It absorbs better the road,the impacts and the vibrations.Power wise get a stronger spring for the clutch.Instead of heating the plastic on my Max11 I made holes in the front on top of the tires and made some aluminum boxes pop riveted on the body and seal with a rubberize silicone.Behind the rims I've installed some 1/2" spacers which I made out of aluminum to push the tires outward.You need longer wheel studs for the spacers but it saves on trying to heat the tub.

Hey Killer, did you have any problems with low-end torque/power loss due to the taller tires? What size motor are your running? What size wheels and tires? Thanks!

Bushman
    Hey Bushman, that's the best looking max II I've seen.

Did you have any problems with low-end torque/power loss due to the taller tires?

What size motor are your running?

What size wheels and tires?

Thanks!

Running 25" Rawhides

The 25" tires do take a little off the top but not so much that is not worth running the big tires.

The slickest way to get the needed clearance is to use eye nuts on the body bolts and suspend the Max from the rafters with ropes and heat up the body with a heat gun or salamander heater. As the body heats up put more tension on the ropes and when you get what you need cut out the heat and let things cool down for awhile. The body will stay put for quite a while like this and yes on a hot day if you leave your buggy in the sun you might lose your gain.

I am working on something in regards to the Max II body clearance issue and will put up some pictures when I perfect my innovation.

I am running a 16 hp Vanguard with high springs and weights in the drive clutch and it works out great for me. I am easy to please and am totally happy with this combo. I believe that if someone wanted to, they could play around and get better performance but I just don`t care that much and will probably wait till some one else figures out what works better and go with that myself.

Bushman

Bushman ,

How much clearance do you have now between the middle and rear wheels since you installed the 25 " rawhides on your Max II ?

The 25" tires do take a little off the top but not so much that is not worth running the big tires.

The slickest way to get the needed clearance is to use eye nuts on the body bolts and suspend the Max from the rafters with ropes and heat up the body with a heat gun or salamander heater. As the body heats up put more tension on the ropes and when you get what you need cut out the heat and let things cool down for awhile. The body will stay put for quite a while like this and yes on a hot day if you leave your buggy in the sun you might lose your gain.

I am working on something in regards to the Max II body clearance issue and will put up some pictures when I perfect my innovation.

I am running a 16 hp Vanguard with high springs and weights in the drive clutch and it works out great for me. I am easy to please and am totally happy with this combo. I believe that if someone wanted to, they could play around and get better performance but I just don`t care that much and will probably wait till some one else figures out what works better and go with that myself.

Bushman
    Are those the Rawhide III 25x11x9 tires on K-rims? I know goodyear also carried 25x12x9 tires.

K rims come in 8 and 12"

If you want a 9" wheel that'll hold a bead on a rawhide 25x9, Matt Oxender makes an aftermarket wheel for his Mudd Ox. Same dimensions as a bigfoot or avenger wheel at 9"x10" wide.

The 25-11-9 is supposed to be a little taller than a 25-12-9 according to goodyear specs.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread