Biggest and Best Tires for a Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Biggest and Best Tires for a Max II

Quote Originally Posted by oztrax View Post
    MikeF

thanks for that link,
    i found some in OZ that are 5 stud 4.5 inch pattern
    and 50 mm thick. going to give these a try.

photos of a "mockup" 2 inch spacer fitted
    Attachment 18627Attachment 18628

damage i have so far, worse on the LHS than RHS
    Attachment 18629

assuming rubbing is caused by the center of the tire, the extra 2 inches should help.

regards
    OZ
    That is a lot of body sag. I have seen supports mounted to the frame and then a cross bar to the body to support the body in these cases. I would use some sort of jack screw to raise it little by little as the sag "reverses".
    Hope the spacers help. Maybe drop some air pressure to help?
    Time for mud flaps.

Quote Originally Posted by oztrax View Post
    I was none the wiser wrt to my max 4 biggest wheels,as I bought it with these wheels
    Pretty sure on the RI option list they list 26 inch Goodyear’s as standard from 1999 onwards

Attachment 18607

Rims have 12x10.0 AT stamped on them

Attachment 18608

The front do seem close in this photo, and they do rub when more than 1 person onboard.

What about these firestones ? Is anyone using these ?
    Attachment 18609

OZ
    If you choose these tire, go for the four ply. the eight ply will be too stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    You can use a brace from the seat frame to raise and support the body so it doesn't rub the tires. I used the seat belt bracket and bolted it to the seat frame to keep the body from sagging.
    you got any pics ?

i like your approach, if you jackscrew inside the tub, then install the front seat belt frame (redrill maybe)
    it will push both axles down and increase clearance

will try this first, also my roll cage maybe pulling tub inwards , so will release that at the same time and it will also help
    to push tub outwards and the front/top

regards
    OZ

liflod,
    Is this a factory piece? I had something similar on mine when I first picked it up.
    The bolts had pulled thru the tub. since I made custom seat mounts nd suspension seats I removed this piece. I would design something similar with adjustment.
    I ended up hanging the entire machine from the garage rafters on the outside edges, kept the doors closed on a hot summer for two weeks.
    I actually gained some clearance between the tire and tub more than factory.
    I use an aluminum roll bar, less downward pressure.

Factory seat belt brace. Jacked up from frame with a hydraulic jack, drilled holes through bracket and seat frame and bolted.

I found a set of good looking tires for a good price. Has anyone used BKT W-207 22X11-8 tires? they look pretty aggressive with a V pattern like the Rawhides.

+ Reply to Thread