J-wheelz

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: J-wheelz

Have any of you guys tried these on a Max yet. I'm looking at getting a set for my Max IV. Looks like it would make it unstop able in the swamp. I would like
    to know if it would improve water speed in water too. Looks like they would make it more stable in the water great for fishing.

J-wheelz on AATV

Hi:
    I was considering buying a set of J-wheelz for my Max IV with 26" tires. Have
    any menbers tried these things on your 6 wheelers? Looks to me they would make the Max unstop able in the swamp. Make it faster and more stable in the water too. They look to me that they would provide more flotation than a set of dueles. Check them out at Jwheelz - a new bolt-on attachment for ATVs and UTVs. Any feed back would be appreciated before I spend the money on these things.

Max King

With the J-Wheelz installed on an large ATV, it would be pretty close to the side to side tire dimensions of a Max IV I,d imagine. But on a Max IV , the J-wheelz would make it wide as a tracked machine. This is some thing to keep in mind. But, with the J-wheelz installed on a Max IV, it would REALLY lower the psi on the ground , plus the foam inside the J-wheelz would make the Max float higher in the water. With the taller plastic tire lugs now offered by J-wheelz ,your water speed would increase a lot also.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 05-23-2009 at 12:03 PM.

What your saying is what I'm thinking too. But I would like know for sure before I spend almost $ 900 on these things. As for being wide I use a snowmobile trailer to haul it around, no problem there, but its to wide for my trails or state trails at the boat launch no problem. It also looks like alot easier that changing dueles in the field . Thanks for the feed back. Somebody out must have tried them on 6x6's don't you think?

J wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by Max King View Post
    Hi:
    I was considering buying a set of J-wheelz for my Max IV with 26" tires. Have
    any menbers tried these things on your 6 wheelers? Looks to me they would make the Max unstop able in the swamp. Make it faster and more stable in the water too. They look to me that they would provide more flotation than a set of dueles. Check them out at Jwheelz - a new bolt-on attachment for ATVs and UTVs. Any feed back would be appreciated before I spend the money on these things.
    I thought about a pair of these myself. They should work well with 26" terras. Should raise the max up an inch or two in the water and increase water speed. These devices are pretty light so turning them in the mud should not be a problem. the only real draw back I see is the width of the machine. I don't see how you could get stuck with these in the mud or swamp.

One thing that I like about the J-Wheelz , is that they don,t make an amphib any harder to skid steer , because they taper towards the end , and are elevated above the ground.

j wheelz

They would not fit on the trails i ride but they look like they would be great in mud and water. just think about where you ride and trail size . I would like to have them on in the water . If you get them would love to see a video

I ordered a set of J-wheelz this week. I guess they haven't been tried on a six or 8 wheeler yet. I should be getting them in about a week. I will let you all know how they work. I will also do a video in water and swamp. 500 lbs. of floation should really help in the water. They need to make special hardware to fit the 5 bolt pattern. Can't wait to try them. Max IV with 26" tires. The J-wheelz will not fit on 21" or 22" tires.

Max King,

J-Wheelz offers different size lug cleats starting at 1 1/2 " inches , and all the way up to 3" inches . The larger size would offer the best water speed , and also the best traction in the mud. What size did you order?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 08-24-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Didn't know they had different size paddles I'll make sure I get the biggest ones. They are replaceable I think. They have make special hardware for the Max so I will be talking with them before they ship the J-Wheelz.

+ Reply to Thread