New member, New Attex.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New member, New Attex.

New member, New Attex.

Hey, Im new to the 6x6 machines, Ive always seen pictures and videos of them but have not ever been up close to one until I bought an Attex for 200 dollars. Ive been researching quite a bit, but still have tons of questions.

I know that my Attex is a 1977, but I dont know which model it is. It has the skidsteer transmission/ The original motor isnt in it, it now has a tecumshe oh160, Is that a very good motor? The orginal motor had exhaust coming out the side of the machine, but the hole was patched up by the pervious owner. I put a battery in it, turned the key and got nothing. So im thinking its the wiring or ignition switch. If anyone can help shed some more light on this, i would apericiate it. Im really curious of what model it is?

Thanks,

Pics

Here are a few pics of my Attex.

100_1696.jpg

100_1697.jpg

100_1700.jpg

100_1702.jpg

Hi bkeith, I moved your posts to the Attex forums just to get some answers to your question. I just wanted to welcome you to the site. For $200 you got one heck of a deal and it looks to be in pretty good shape. Have fun and I'm sure one of the Attex experts will chime in shortly with some help.

Hi Bkeith. The Tomahawk 450 came with a Tec oh160 and was made in 1977 so I bet thats what you have there. (And I believe it came with the clutch on backwards like on yours, so that would be the original engine or a replacement of the same type.) For a machine with an HDPE body you got a heck of a deal!
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

That sure looks like a Tomahawk to me, too- and it's set up for tracks with the high exhaust. You got a steal for $200! Great find- you'll be happy with the machine, and the little OH160 is surprizingly torquey.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

6x6 is right, the clutch was installed backwards from the factory. That is one of the best deals I've ever seen on a 6 wheeler.....$200, WOW! I think I saw that on Craigslist. You've come to the right place for information on this rig. There are tons of helpful people here. That is one great machine you have there!

Why was the clutch mounted backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by evil8x8 View Post
    Why was the clutch mounted backwards?
    Evil, The clutch was mounted backwards because of chain clearance issues. If it wasn't mounted backwards it would have hit on the chain coming off the T-20.

Hi bkeith ,

Welcome to the top amphib forum on the web. There are lots of Attex lovers here , thats for sure. Darn good find for $200 I,d say.

Thumbs down Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Hi Bkeith. The Tomahawk 450 came with a Tec oh160 and was made in 1977 so I bet thats what you have there. (And I believe it came with the clutch on backwards like on yours, so that would be the original engine or a replacement of the same type.) For a machine with an HDPE body you got a heck of a deal!
    First off, I want to thank everyone that has giving me all the great info about this machine. Yes, I did find it on craigslist and im very glad that I got it.

I still dont think that was the original engine, I for to mention before that on the dash it tells you the ratio to mix for 2 cycle oil, but the techumshe is a 4 stroke. On the right side, at one point exhaust came out of it, but someone put a round patch on there. Ill try to get some more detailed pics of some key stuff. Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread