what should i do about engine?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: what should i do about engine?

i got it off with a puller, now how do i get the keyway square thing out?

Either grab a punch and knock it out or use a pair of pliers and pull it out.

the stupid thing is stuck in there real good

if you have a real small wood working chissel you might be able to get under 1 side of the key and tap it with a hammer
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have had some bad ones but man yours is really stuck it sounds. I have used screwdrivers and hammer, although the screwdriver manufacture dont recommend it. Make sure its a craftsman, Oh dont forget to wear your safty glasses.

You can buy new key stock at tractor supply for real cheap. Just cut it off at the length you can use. I think they also sell the little pre-cut ones too but seems it was alot cheaper to by the 12" one. They do have differant sizes so make sure you measure your width before you go if you do by a new one.

it took a 1/4" Hole with a punch :O

now the stupid belt is diagonal!!! grrr

these engine bolts are some hard bolts to get to

now i really need help
    i started it the first time and it took off into the woods so i tackled it to grab the killswitch before it hit another tree. the thing wont sit still and idle. also, when it is going it wont turn

Runaway

These are fun, aren't they? Don't worry, once you get through these "Growing Pains", it'll go much better. If it's taking off, either your engine is idling too high, the CVT Belt (From Motor to tranny) is too tight, or your Drive Clutch (The one on the engine) is damaged or set very wrong. (Would be loss of tension on springs or even broken springs). Also, if the belt is too wide so the Drive clutch can't open far enough that it's not pressed against both sheaves (sides of clutch) that would do it, too. Since it's a new engine, my guess is Idle or belt tension. Both easy to check, and correct. Belt should have around 1.5" of deflection when clutches are disengaged.

Edit: Seemed high, most sled manufacturers list 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" I think the extra is only for easier shifting, but the less you can get away with (no less than 1 1/8") the better, especially for the low end power.
    Last edited by 6X6; 12-24-2008 at 12:21 AM.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread