09 mudd ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 09 mudd ox

09 mudd ox

Hello everyone, my name is jimmy cole. I live in sumter sc. I just got home with my new mudd ox. I have never owned a amphibious vehicle before. I know this is a new one on the market, I was wondering if there is anyone who can give me the scoop on this thing. I purchased it form Bost atv argo in Rockwell NC. I talked to four dealers but Ken Bost was the only one who knew the product inside and out. So I drove 180 miles one way to buy from him. Great man to do business with. If there is anyone who has one that give me the good bad and ugly on this machine it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

yamadog

Welcome to the amphibious forum. I would imagine that you are the first person on this forum to own a new Mudd-Ox , and can post about it. Post some video,s of your new Mudd-Ox , because we love seeing it in action. That is one well built machine. I was amazed at what it could do with the 20 inch tracks installed on it.

I just got home with my new mudd ox. I have never owned a amphibious vehicle before.

Wow, you didn't mess around, you went for the whole enchalada The mad scientist that designed the Ox is a member here, and several of us are friends with Matt. If you search this site for 'mudd ox' there will be plenty of talk, videos and pictures to look over.

Everyone thinks the best of Ken Bost, you got a good dealer and a great machine!
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Mudd-ox

You purchased it from the right fellow. Ken is a great guy and will be there for you after the sale. He knows this machine as well as the argo line. I guess a couple of us are luck we don't have to drive as far. I pass his business everyday

Congrats on the new machine i know you will really enjoy it. Please post some pictures.

Lewis

Talking Massive Envy

Yamadog, welcome to the forum. REVIEWS!!! WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE OX! We have seen and heard so much about the OX from Matt O. and those who have had the honor of driving his machine, but I do think your one of the first on the forum to own one (THE first?). Hope to meet you at Busco this spring
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Welcome to the site, congratulations on the Mudd Ox. Now you have to come ride with us...it's a rule you know.

You are right, Ken Bost is The Man! I'm also one of his satisfied customers. I bought an Argo from him 2 1/2 years ago and he is great to deal with. I hope you enjo your machine & can't wait to see it in action.

McCoy

Congrats on your purchase. I have had the privilege of getting to spend the day with Matt and his guys testing the Mudd-Ox and are anxiously waiting on the arrival of the four we ordered to use here in Alaska. AS a previous Argo owner this machine makes up for the shortcomings and then adds with the great build quality and great handling and more power. We can't wait to compare notes with you when ours arrive. Welcome to the forum.
    Mark

Mudd Ox

Jimmy, you bought the best machine on the market, and that Mudd Ox will serve you well. There are a lot of folks with amphibs in your area who would love to ride with you and it is always a good idea to have a couple of experienced riders with you when you get go out with a new machine. You probably don't quite understand just what that machine is capable of but if you'll ride with some other guys in your area, like Mike,McCoy,Lewis and Robbie you'll get a chance to see what they and your machine can do. I always learn a lot by watching other drivers in mud holes etc. A lot of riding is technique and you will soon get the hang of it! Your ability to counter rotate your tires will give you a certain advantage in a lot of areas.Congradulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    There are a lot of folks with amphibs in your area who would love to ride with you and it is always a good idea to have a couple of experienced riders with you when you get go out with a new machine. You probably don't quite understand just what that machine is capable of but if you'll ride with some other guys in your area, like Mike,McCoy,Lewis and Robbie you'll get a chance to see what they and your machine can do. I always learn a lot by watching other drivers in mud holes etc. A lot of riding is technique and you will soon get the hang of it!

AMEN Dan. First time I drove my 6X6 into my backyard "pit" I got stuck in 20 feet, after some practice, I can ride most of the couple miles of swamp trails without getting stuck once, and am still learning to push the machine further. Plus WHEN you get stuck, most likely no-one will be able to get to you without another anphib. ( OH, I wish I had video of my friend trying the Pit trails with his polaris! , at least he went down with his ship )
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread