Max II Restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II Restoration

Max II Restoration

The previous owner(s) of my Max II seemingly neglected any maintenance at all so I had several bad bearings. Since I would be taking the axles out anyway, I decided to completely disassemble the Six Wheeler. I took it all the way down to the frame, cleaned or replaced every nut and bolt, sanded/painted every part, and finally replaced bearings, sprockets, chain, seats, tires, etc.

I now have finally finished everything and it was honestly a lot more work than I anticipated but now that it is done I can say it was worth it and I definitely learned a lot and made a few mistakes along the way. Fortunately I took pictures of every step so look for several articles in the near future on topics from recovering seats to replacing axles.

I will use this thread to link to the articles that I write and hopefully it will save anyone else restoring a Max a few headaches. I don't have a good shot of the finished product as a whole yet since it's dark right now but here is a little teaser before and after photo of the frame.

Check out that seat!
    Say it with me, "Please 6x6 World...Pimp My AATV!"
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike; 08-25-2007 at 02:51 AM.

your max looks great. I love the seat.

Very nice job, Mike! It looks like a new machine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Are you sure that's the same car? Great job,

Thanks guys! Here is a shot of it outside with its new tires

While I had it apart I went ahead and painted the wheels, roll cage, and body again. I also threw in some rear LED lights.

Mike, your rig looks like it just rolled off the assembly line! Very nice work. Those 22" Rawhide III's look great. Now you aren't going to want to get it muddy since its looking so good.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Time to update the 6X6 WORLD logo at the top of the page

Looks great !

Jeff, I know man. It got dusty just riding in the yard and I almost cried I wanted to at least have it clean for some pictures.

Lance, I really do need to get a new logo now!

+ Reply to Thread