new engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new engine

new engine

hey folks ! im in the middle of installing a 570 yamaha motor in my 208tt ! has anybody tryed this yet ? so far its a little tuff but its go n any input would be great

Hello
    I am assuming its a snowmobile style or is it more like a bike engine? Air or liquid cooled?
    Larry

Talking new motor

yeah guess i should have said that. its a 91 yamaha liquid cooled out of 1 of my sleds:

Quote Originally Posted by slider21 View Post
    yeah guess i should have said that. its a 91 yamaha liquid cooled out of 1 of my sleds:
    Well as long as the engine isnt too wide and you can make new mounts it should be fairly easy. The 208tt motor mount sits really high. Maybe you can look at some st300 or other 1st generation pictures to get a look at there mounts to get an Idea on how to create your own mounts down lower. Every baker hill frame I have seen has had threaded holes in the bottom rear for the engine mounts in the st300 and h/225. Where the 208tt uses the upper shaft/tranny mounts. The liquid cooling part is the part that scares me. I mean its nice and can be done but just alot easier it seems to not worry about radiator mount/fans and such. Easier to put a air cooled one in.

Just curious, what Baker hill do you have? 7000.6000,5000 series?
    Larry

If that is the Baker Hill 5000 it might not be able to handle that high horsepower. Also, the driven clutch would need to be changed on it since it was originally set up for a 4 stroke and the belt on the driven clutch on the motor is much wider. As Larry W mentioned, an air cooled engine would eliminate many of your problems with locations of cooling components. You might want to consider finder a later model Attex since they have a T-20 (that can handle much more horsepower), a much stronger frame, and more room to fit a large engine.

Well if its a 6000 series, aka staight shaft, it will handle all the horses you can throw at it. Not really but yea. The 7000 is also a sturdy model, which I have torn apart and seem to think it to be as strong as the 6000 as long as its in fully engaged in forward gear. maybe weaker in reverse but thats reverse. The 5000 had a smaller shaft that I guess will break but I havent had one to know. The later T20 are the most adored transmission but it heavy. You already have a 1st gen so I wouldnt worry about the t20.

Hi Slider:
    Umm, Sounds like an Exciter? I was inquiring about one myself, but decided against it. Clearance should be fine, and you CAN mount the cooling system. But as Larry said, you NEED to mount it well, and where it can get fresh air to the fan, but be protected, and will be tougher than doing an air-cooled. For an 80+ to 90+ ( Exciter II or SX?) HP engine, a Roll bar is not only a must, but must be very well built, and WhipperAG makes a Suspension kit (See Attex Springer thread on the Attex page) would be more or less a must if you want to get up to speed. A 440 will get you going fast enough that you'll want the softest tires you can get. I'm going through all this myself as I work on my own racer
    Good Luck, and let us know how you make out!
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

new motor

thanks for all the input! i dont have a tranny just 2 disk on a straight axle so far its go .n i have tried just about everything out there n blew them up , havent try this motor yet we will c

Just a shaft? That should be the B.H. 6000 transmission. As Larry said, Fire away, it'll take it, your back on the other hand LMK, I know some good chiropractors
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

I originally put a 570 exider in my home built 6x6. You can see the build pix here.Joie's 6x6 Toy

I ran that set up for maybe 60 min. before I was convinced that it was way too much motor. The snow mobile cluch didn't come in till 5000 rpm, and when it did, it was stupid fast. It would have been fun on a frozen lake or the sand dunes. But I wanted it for the woods. So I swapped it out for a 22hp Kohler. I still have the Yamaha setup with motor mount and stinger pipe if some one else would like to try it.

+ Reply to Thread