Vampire tires that swim

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vampire tires that swim

Vampire tires that swim

There is a guy on Route 6x6 that used to have an Argo Big Foot, that had Vampire tires on it. I think ? From the video I saw of it in a pond, it swam decent with these tires. The tires on this Blue Argo look very similar to Vampires. Does any one know of this blue Argo Big Foot of Matt Oxender? I think his friends name is Jon Hoth?

Yes it was Matt's and they were Vampires. I don't think he considered it a good swimmer. Also a very heavy tire.

vampire tires that swim

Roger thanks for the answer about the Vampire tires I asked about I let a friend of mine ,who is rebuilding an older red body Max II ,watch a Haspin acreas video of several amphibs swimming in a small pond. Matts son was in his blue Argo Bigfoot. I told my friend that the Blue Argo Bigfoot he was watching on the video, had Vampire tires on it.

My friend said " for an ATV all mud tire, they swim good enough to suit me, even though they are not as fast as a Goodyear rawhide in the water. My friend is like I am,,making it across a small body of water, in a fair amount of time,is more important than fast water speed. We spend more time in the mud, dirt trails, and slightly flooded trails ( with a bottom ), than in deeper, open bodies of water. I like the mud sheading ability of the Vampires. That is why Matts bigfoot made it through places on the trail that a lot of other amphibs got stuck on. On a 12 inch MAx rim, a 24" Vampire should work about right.
    That is with a little tub modification from a heat gun

+ Reply to Thread