$75 jet drive hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $75 jet drive hustler

$75 jet drive hustler

you heard that right. Saturday my mailman came by and said he had one for parts he would sell me. I asked what brand it was and he said he didnt know, only that it had a old snowmobile engine on it and a jet drive Today I went over and low and behold, it is a hustler with a locked up 440 motor and a belt driven jet drive. It looks like the belt on the primary turns a reduction gear and then a chain goes to the actual pump. I cant wait to see how it does

you cant see the jet drive very good in this pic but you get the idea:

I sure hope you bought it! I have a top for you if you want it. I also have a bunch of older Hustler parts if you need to get it put together. That is going to be one very cool/valuable/unique machine!!! Also, I didnt see many Hustlers with the Jet Drive and the T-20. Most jet drive optioned Hustlers had the early Hustler transmission that wasnt nearly as reliable as the bullet proof T-20. GREAT FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I sure hope you bought it! I have a top for you if you want it. I also have a bunch of older Hustler parts if you need to get it put together. That is going to be one very cool/valuable/unique machine!!! Also, I didnt see many Hustlers with the Jet Drive and the T-20. Most jet drive optioned Hustlers had the early Hustler transmission that wasnt nearly as reliable as the bullet proof T-20. GREAT FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh don't worry, I bought it. I am gonna swap my motor into it and rebuild that one.

What kind of motor do you plan on running in it? I have a 1970 Popular Mechanics magazine and they test out the jet pump equipped Hustler and I think it did around 9mph. That is very fast for a 6x6 in the water!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I think it did around 9mph.
    WOW! That really is fast.

What kind of motor do you plan on running in it? I have a 1970 Popular Mechanics magazine and they test out the jet pump equipped Hustler and I think it did around 9mph. That is very fast for a 6x6 in the water!
    Holy smokes thats fast!

I am gonna run the kohler 440 from my other one. Anyone offer any kind of performance stuff for this motor? I am gonna make a rudder for the jet drive to help manueverability.

Way cool! Some detailed pics of that jet drive set up would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post
    Way cool! Some detailed pics of that jet drive set up would be greatly appreciated.
    I will take some today and post it.

Cool Nice find....

Great deal...I was thinking of getting a jet pump for my hustler from route 6x6 they sell it for $250.00 it comes with a 90 deg. driveline that somehow has to attach to the motor ...how's yours set up... sounds like it's different then the one at route 6x6 you also said you were going to put a rudder on it does your Nozzle pivot or is it stationary? would love to see more pic's of the system....keep us posted....
    Last edited by REB181; 08-31-2007 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by REB181 View Post
    Great deal...I was thinking of getting a jet pump for my hustler from route 6x6 they sell it for $250.00 it comes with a 90 deg. driveline that somehow has to attach to the motor ...how's yours set up... sounds like it's different then the one at route 6x6 you also said you were going to put a rudder on it does your Nozzle pivot or is it stationary? would love to see more pic's of the system....keep us posted....
    Hey Reb,

The Honda I just bought has a PTO option, you think it would fit on the opposite side of the clutch?

Also, just wanted to bump this thread, I am really anxious to see pics of the original setup. A jet pump seems to me like it would be the most efficient way to go. At 250.00 it would be cheaper than a new trolling motor and much faster. I wonder if the frame is different to allow the jet pump room for the rear exit. It looks like it exits near where my trailer hitch is.

+ Reply to Thread