Attex Dually 12 Wheeler!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attex Dually 12 Wheeler!

Attex Dually 12 Wheeler!

I still am not 100% certain as to how I will be going about building my ST/295, but I considered doing a dual wheel set up after seeing a dually Super Chief on ebay a while back......I think someone on the forums bought it actually. Anyways after I saw how Amphicat just had a longer axle (only 3/4" I believe) that had holes drilled in it for one 3 lug hub toward the inner, and one hole drilled farther out for the outter dual wheel. I would imagine that this could be done with a 1" Attex axle (you would probably want to heat strengthen it) and all you would have to do is bolt up your 3 bolt hub and drill a 1" center hole in your 3 to 5 lug adapter that would be on the inner part of the axle and then bolt everything together. To keep the axle as strong as possible I would mount the inside tires as close to the body as possible. I know that Attexes tires stick out pretty far so there would be a few extra inches to work with there. It would be a permanent set up due to the fact that your axle would stick out so far if you removed the outter wheels, but it would be pretty cool......and wide. Here is a little pic for you guys.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

dually set up

they sell dual wheel adapters for garden tractors or you can can do the set up i have from the machine on ebay. they took all thread about a foot long and put it in place of the factory studs, place a nut at the rear of the hub then one in front to hold the tire on , now you have the remaining sticking out . take a steel ring about 3" wide that fits inside the bead edge of the rim , place it between the 2 tires and the remaining length of the studs should come thru the rim and bolt them together. contact me for more info or some pics of the parts needed , i'll try to help. gus

Sounds like a pretty good set up. Thank you Gus!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I had thought about that too...my only concern would be extra stress on frame and bearings. Do you think that would be an issue??

I think it does add substantial stress on the bearings axle and frame. I know that Recreatives sells bearing cages that add and extra bearing about 3 or 4 inches outside of the tub to help with this. I think dual wheels would probably be best for swimming. I probably wouldnt take them on tough trails very often, plus they make the machine much wider.

Not only would it be good for swimming, it would probably be just as good, if not better than tracks in the muck....also it would most likely soften up the ride some too.

Maybe you could check with your local bearing house and see if they have some bearings with a really high load rating? The frame would be easy enough to beef up. Aside from increased water speed, would they add flotation?

cool cowboy attex

I think Richard from route 6x6 has a max2 done the same way(has photo) give him a call 812-944-1643
    I know he could help you out with it.

This is what I think a dually adaptor should look like. It would be the strongest and most reliable. The outside plate has an extra hole in between the studs so you can get a socket in to tighten the adaptor to the inside wheel. I personally think the only gain from a dually set up would be oooo's & ahhhhhh's from people, and that's OK.
    Attached Images

Great idea, Whipper!!! If you start selling these you have a buyer right here.

Whipper, did you just put that together? I mean within the last 24 hours? If so, wow!
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread