Attex clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex clutch

Attex clutch

Hello - I have an attex Chief with a L-297 engine. I am about ready to fire up the engine on the work bench. what kind of clutch set up do I need. I have the drive and driven from the orginal JLO 400, but have not run it. What do i need to know to obtain a fresh clutch with a low rpm engagement?

steve

Hey, Steve; welcome to the site. The Salsbury clutch from the 400 should fit the L297 and you may not have to change the springs and weights, although I'm sure the twin will rev a little higher. Trial & error may be the easiest way to check it out.

In answer to your CDI question, once the clutch is on and torqued, it generally stays put until you remove it. If you want to make double sure of it, you can use some valve lapping compound on the crank and inside taper of the clutch before you install it.

Good luck.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Attex clutch

Hi Don:

I changed latitude and decided to mount the ignition rotor on the other side of the motor. I found 3 convenient screw holes on the outside of the magneto/fan assembly in which to mount my aluminum rotor. I turned the rotor and drilled and countersunk 3 fairly precise holes in which to mount the roto. Of course the pull start mechanism will no longer fit, but I might install a detachable rope pull disk on the PTO side to pull the motor over if the battery start fails.

I am also kind of excited in that losing the points and coil from under the flywheel, I can now mount another charging coil to get some more charging power from the engine.

thanks

steve

+ Reply to Thread