'69 Scrambler Marc XII 1200

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '69 Scrambler Marc XII 1200

'69 Scrambler Marc XII 1200

Well, I guess I'll be spending more time in the "other" aatv section. I found a new project. Just picked it up today and havent really checked it out close. Its full of snow. Its been outside awhile, but so was my 208tt. So probably needs all new bearings and chain. I do know it needs tires and a engine. Probably more, always more. It has a registration which is cool. Ill post more pictures when I can.

Congrats on scrambler find

Hi Larry, Looks good, wouldn't mind finding one myself. Good luck

Good find. I wish I could find one.

Smile

How many u want?
    there are 8 near u,....lol

Hi Larry
    Its been awhile since I have been on line but I'm back now
    I have a Scrambler marc XII I think Its about the same year as yours [I'm not sure what year mine is but from the pictures it looks about the same year]
    I bought it about a year ago and was able to work on it thru most of last winter then had to stop for a time [Work got real busy] I hope to get it done this winter and ride this spring if not before. Your scrambler looks like mine when I first started
    I have replaced just about everything. Bearings, chains,tires,motor [went to an 11 hp],clutch pads, break pads,head lights,Battery, and painted it inside and out, added a roll bar with lights everything I could replace has been.
    Next step is the new clutch then it willl be ready to reassemble the top and bottom tub put on new body molding and have some fun.
    I found a lot of suppliers locally so parts and pcs were not to had to come up with just had to be creative on some things hope your scrambler comes apart and goes back togather pretty easy like mind did
    Tlp

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Well, I guess I'll be spending more time in the "other" aatv section. I found a new project. Just picked it up today and havent really checked it out close. Its full of snow. Its been outside awhile, but so was my 208tt. So probably needs all new bearings and chain. I do know it needs tires and a engine. Probably more, always more. It has a registration which is cool. Ill post more pictures when I can.

Hello Tlp,

I know mine is a '69 because I actually got a snowmobile registration with it. It expired in '74 though, . Maybe you can get an idea by your serial number vs. my serial number. Mine is 11193.

I was checking yours out looking for idea's and such for mine the other day. It does look good with those camo colors. Hope mine comes along as well as yours did.

Let me know when you do get it going, maybe we can ride somewhere sometime.
    Last edited by LarryW; 05-13-2009 at 09:55 PM.

tlp, where did you find the clutch pads and those discs?

I live In muskegon Michigan there is a brake shop here called Muskegon Brake they reline brake and clutch parts I took both of mine down to them and they hot lined them wjth about 1/4" thick pads [had them back in about 3 days]I then had to surface them down to the thickness that I needed
    If I remember the cost was about $80.00
    If you have a brake shop near you they should be able to do them
    I also used Applied supply [Detroit ball bearing] here to get all the new bearings and chain they are the locaL supplier for machine bearings
    Hope this Info helps
    Tlp

Quote Originally Posted by atvrider93 View Post
    tlp, where did you find the clutch pads and those discs?

great! i keep seeing more and more of these scramblers coming out of the woodwork, if you need any pictures for reference i have a bunch here: Picasa Web Albums - Mike Lucas under "6x6 pictures"

U can use a VW 200mm clutch disk an pop rivet or glue 1 side of the clutch material to each side to reline steering clutches. I will up load pics to my album

+ Reply to Thread