Reports from the Mudd-Ox front

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports from the Mudd-Ox front

Here we go!!! some new pics of the Mudd-Oxen in Alaska We took out two machines today, one with tracks and one on tires. Just a few inches of snow but frozen ground and ice under it so it was quite slick. The machines were unbelievable. The temp was -4F when we started and ended about 20F. Everyone was dressed for the cold and after just a few minutes in the cabs was stripping down to just a light layer. We had four adults in each machine and had both experienced and novice drivers and everyone had a blast. The machine gathered a lot of attention at the parking areas and even a backcountry trooper stopped us to take a look. We did many steep climbs and the tracked Ox climbed everything we tried and the tired version made about 80% of them. I had tried a number of these climbs on my Argo in the past and could not make them so it was nice to have the increased power and outstanding steering control and true 8 wheel drive. Not to put down the capable Argos but the Mudd-Ox is in another class.
    here is a link to the pictures. I will post some video tomorrow after another ride
    Mark
    Pictures of Mudd-Oxen in Alaska
    Last edited by akexpress; 02-09-2009 at 01:25 PM.

akexpress ,

Those were some outstanding pictures that you posted. I really liked the picture gallery that you posted them on. I,m sure you,re REALLY enjoying the two Mudd Ox 8x8,s that you recently bought.

GREAT pics Mark. Bet you guys had a blast. The wife and I took a few pics yesterday, as well, and a quick video clip that we plan on posting later this afternoon. (I think your background beats mine, though). My usb phone card on my computer isn't quick enough for the upload, so we'll have to go to town for highspeed access. So far we've had difficulty getting this Mac to accept the video, but hopefully we'll get it all worked out this afternoon or evening. Did you take delivery of all four, and did you end up getting one of the camo models? Also curious how they started and ran in that cold weather and if you needed to allow a warm up time, (for the hydraulics),

Hancock
    Last edited by hancock; 02-08-2009 at 08:11 PM.

hancock ,

I look forward to watching the video clip of your Mudd Ox in action when you post it on the forum.

Beautiful pictures! You have a great playground.

Very impressive Hancock. Like Mike said, it looks like you have the perfect place to play with these machines.
    Banned

Very impressive Hancock. Like Mike said, it looks like you have the perfect place to play with these machines.

Hey George,

I'd like to take credit, but those pics were Mark's in Alaska, not mine. I'm in the Ozarks and our mountains are a little smaller and our snow a little less deep.

Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by hancock View Post
    Hey George,

I'd like to take credit, but those pics were Mark's in Alaska, not mine. I'm in the Ozarks and our mountains are a little smaller and our snow a little less deep.

Hancock

Oooops!

Sorry to both of you.
    Banned

Kodakgallery.com: Slideshow

Okay,

Here are the first round of pics from the Ozark Mudd-Ox to take a look at.

Hancock

Kodakgallery.com: Slideshow

And........here are some more.

As you can tell from the pics, it's a little dirty right now and has been used more for work than play here lately. I heat my home with a wood furnace and we use it quite a bit to carry wood. (although it is awful fun as a toy as well).

On the close-ups from the left side, you can see the camo "flaw" just above the rub rail. It isn't really too significant as far as we are concerned, (it is the black area just below the exhaust port and towards the front.

I took a couple of close-ups of the back end passenger area. We have the side cushions out right now and I have been using it to haul stuff in. I have hauled wood in it, but have gotten a little sawdust down in the chain housing, lower tub area. I'm in the process of trying to fabricate a bed liner out of some stable matting and some sort of material that I haven't come up with yet. I sent Matt an email a while back that a bed liner would be a good accessory, but that email must have gotten lost in his spam filter.

The half cab is very handy for our needs and you can roll the sides up, take them off, etc.

Jim Bob, the dog, doesn't come as standard equipment.

Hancock

+ Reply to Thread