Reports from the Mudd-Ox front

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Reports from the Mudd-Ox front

hancock

The hill that you climbed with your Mudd Ox did not look that steep to me until I watched the video of your dog running down the hill. When I watched that part of the video , I realized that was a really steep hill ! Like Roger says, if a hill looks steep in a video, its REALLY steep.

The hill that you climbed with your Mudd Ox did not look that steep to me until I watched the video of your dog running down the hill. When I watched that part of the video , I realized that was a really steep hill ! Like Roger says, if a hill looks steep in a video, its REALLY steep.
    Yep. When I watched the video afterward, it didn't look that dramatic to me, either. (A little disappointing after committing yourself to going up an angle like that). I wanted to make sure I showed some of the performance capabilities of the Ox, so I added that extra clip with the dog to try to get the angle of the incline represented a little better. 2 dimensional video sometimes just doesn't do the real situation justice. What added to the difficulty was that the ground was fairly soft. (My wife told me I was going to be on America's Funniest Home Videos rolling my new Mudd-Ox down the hill). You know how it is on those steep angles: if they are short in length, usually no big deal...but, when they have some length to them, you have just enough room to get yourself towards the top, lose traction, and then get yourself in trouble.

Hancock

Has anybody found the limit of snow depth that the Ox can handle without getting stuck by just using the standard tires? I know the sky is the limit with the tracks on but I am wondering how deep can you go before you start to run up on top of the snow and high center it so that you loose traction.

Thumbs down Mudd OX in Snow

I have been driving my Ox all over around my house and the deepest I have been in is about 5 inches. The Ox handled it no problem. I did get it stuck in some really soft stuff in the trees behind the house. It was probably 10" and I just got a little too confident after climbing all the piles of snow around my house. I can't believe how well the Mudd OX plows. I get the job done faster and have a good time while doing it. I can only imagine how high you could build a pile with tracks. It would be like having a little dozer.

TEST RIDE

I got my ride today here in alaska today in the black one and it is a beast............ This machine is impressive,the tracks have deep lugs and move great on the white stuff...
    Jest thought I would give all of you a hard time until you ride in one.
    E-K-C

Has anybody found the limit of snow depth that the Ox can handle without getting stuck by just using the standard tires? I know the sky is the limit with the tracks on but I am wondering how deep can you go before you start to run up on top of the snow and high center it so that you loose traction.
    Yesterday 09:55 AM
    The Alaska fellas or Matt could probably best answer that question. I haven't had too deep of a snowfall this year. I, at one point, had close to six inches on the ground and the Ox handled that no problem, but I'm not sure what the limitations would be in deeper snow than that.

I went up a hill with roughly a 30 degree slope in about 3-4 inches of snow while pulling a pretty heavy trailer full of wood, and the Ox made it. It struggled, but it did make it. The trailer had a little more wood in it than the one in that first video I posted, so it was loaded down pretty good, (probably pushing the load limits).

Hancock

Snow depth

I got my mudd-ox on Friday and we had 7" of snow. We have had no problems
    with anything, hills, ditches, it goes where we point it. I asked Matt about snow depth and he said 12" no problem. Great machines, everyone enjoy.

Terry

+ Reply to Thread