new guy has a scrambler question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new guy has a scrambler question

new guy has a scrambler question

Hello to all i just bought a scrambler off ebay it has a 440cc snowmobile engine in it but i was going to put in a honda 20hp would this machine take it and has anyone ever put or made some kind of reverse in one because of where i live i really kneed reverse. Thanks

Smile scramblerss

Action age scramblers had a electric reverse that was optional, from the factory

ah, your the one who bought that!!! Welcome aboard. I believe 20hp would be fine. Probably better on it then a 440 sled engine.

I also just purchased a scrambler 1200 project aatv. Although mine is in need off more work Im afraid. Good luck with yours!!!

I just got done putting a 18hp briggs in mine. I just need to hook the fuel tank up and it should be good to go. As for Reverse I would say put a t-20 in there or ive heard of people using starter motors for it, but I have not done that myself.

Smile

Or an apex trans like the have/ had in early hustlers, alsport trackers, and coots too

hey amphiman1 do you have any transmissions for sale just as long it has reverse ill make it work
    Last edited by 06chops; 01-19-2009 at 11:13 PM.

06 Chops

Man i could use that 440 if your not going to use it im rebuilding mine and im missing parts. let me know.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 06chops View Post
    hey amphiman1 do you have any transmissions for sale just as long it has reverse ill make it work
    see post for parts 4 sale, Apex trans.. see gallery, sidewinder..
    i may have a reverse flywheel for a scrambler too. i;ll have to look,,,
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 01-21-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Smile scrambler reverse

i found one,if i have 2 , i'll pm you

scrambler reverse

I have found reverse for my scrambler comet makes a F-N-R gearbox for up to a 16 hp i think im going to get that and make a bracket to mount it on and ill have reverse

+ Reply to Thread