Michigan riders

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan riders

Quote Originally Posted by snowmansrx View Post
    Hi Im from vassar mi about 25 miles east of saginaw I would be interested in going to the mounds also.
    Hello We would be glad to have you there. We havent set a date yet but probably will start thinking more about the date after ashtabula.

im from three rivers mi. about 20 miles south of kalamazoo i just picked up an 8x8 response gonna try it out this weekend if anyone would like to join us were doin it sunday around noon just email me and well get you some directions used to go muddin there with trucks but i got rid of my truck my buddies still go though.there is mud, trails ,hillclimbs and some sand just no drinking and clean up after yourself anyway my email is buckhntr17@comcast.net would like to see lots fo aatvs take over they have trucks and quads and bikes there off and on let me know hope to hear from ya

Michigan riders

HiTlp here
    I'm from Muskegon mi and also would like to ride the trails but I think My scrambler is to wide I dont have it registered yet [but that should be easy to do]
    If you guys decide to get together some time let me know maybe I can ride too
    it would be fun to all get together sometime.
    Tlp

i'm in bay city and the saginaw river/bay are great in the winter time when the ice is good

Quote Originally Posted by tlp View Post
    HiTlp here
    I'm from Muskegon mi and also would like to ride the trails but I think My scrambler is to wide I dont have it registered yet [but that should be easy to do]
    If you guys decide to get together some time let me know maybe I can ride too
    it would be fun to all get together sometime.
    Tlp
    Hey, congrats, sounds like you got it done.

Buckhntr17 and crazycolt222 and I have been riding around in a few differant spots down here around three rivers and kalamazoo area. We can ride just about when ever on weekends so when ever you want let us know. The few spots we have are within 1/2hr ride or so of each other so we could maybe just ride a few different spots going from one and cruising to other.
    We have been waiting for treb too.

The good thing about riding in a group is it gives you the courage to try things you would normally be afraid to getting stranded in.

Id still like to go to the mounds but that seems like a challenge to get everyone there. The state trails up north baldwin area I dont think would be that cool on a 6x6. The trails you can ride are pretty flat and straight.

Silver Lake State Park

Any of you MI 6x6er's know if you can ride at Silver Lake State Park?
    Attex, there is no substitute

Quote Originally Posted by jerbear View Post
    Any of you MI 6x6er's know if you can ride at Silver Lake State Park?
    You can ride with an orv sticker and a flag. the sand is some times tough unless you have tracks
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Quote Originally Posted by trebmaster View Post
    You can ride with an orv sticker and a flag. the sand is some times tough unless you have tracks
    I have not seen any at silver lake. I don't think they would climb the big hills and with no suspension it would be a rough ride. VW based rails have about 5" wheel travel and can be unpleasant to ride at hi speed. Longer travel is better, mine is 16" and not enough. Sand sometimes acts as a solid and sometimes more like a liquid. You need high wheel speed to get your tires to "float" on top of the sand much like a boat on the water. Low speed just digs in. There are areas where the quads dig bowls, these should be fun in an aatv. Maybe I'll try it next summer.

count me in

I'm from three rivers i also have an area to ride before and after hunting season they don't want to disrupt the deer but after that its on!!!! Larry has been there we had fun we just need more aatvs there is all kinds of things to get into there mud trucks ATVs bikes golf carts too
    Last edited by buckhntr17; 12-01-2009 at 08:49 AM.

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Anyone got any rides planned for the XMAS time frame?
    Dec19th thru Jan 1st.....

+ Reply to Thread