Michigan riders

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan riders

Hey all, I know it's been a while since anyone replied top this thread, but it has been a great summer. I went to the Mounds with my Argo Vanguard, 6X6. I rode about three hours and don't think I covered half of the trails. Some of the rock crwals were just too big for my ground clearance, but the trails, mud and water were exceptional. I bottomed out in a rutted area and had to get out and spin her sideways to get out. It was probab ly three feet deep, the truck area. I pulled out three other vehicles, 2 quads and a side by side. I also pulled the winch out for a guy and his wife who were in a sand rail. They would have really gotten muddy had they walked the winch to a tree. The Mounds is a great place to ride and very reasonably priced. I only rode three hours because I felt like I had been beaten up. I haven't ridden trails in 30 or more years so at age 48, I took a beating. That whole area of Mount Morris, near Flint has several County parks and State areas. Not all are open to orv's and certainly not the 50" wide kind, but you could camp and fish, small game hunt and make a weekend or a week out of it. Hope to see you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster529 View Post
    Hey all, I know it's been a while since anyone replied top this thread, but it has been a great summer. I went to the Mounds with my Argo Vanguard, 6X6. I rode about three hours and don't think I covered half of the trails. Some of the rock crwals were just too big for my ground clearance, but the trails, mud and water were exceptional. I bottomed out in a rutted area and had to get out and spin her sideways to get out. It was probab ly three feet deep, the truck area. I pulled out three other vehicles, 2 quads and a side by side. I also pulled the winch out for a guy and his wife who were in a sand rail. They would have really gotten muddy had they walked the winch to a tree. The Mounds is a great place to ride and very reasonably priced. I only rode three hours because I felt like I had been beaten up. I haven't ridden trails in 30 or more years so at age 48, I took a beating. That whole area of Mount Morris, near Flint has several County parks and State areas. Not all are open to orv's and certainly not the 50" wide kind, but you could camp and fish, small game hunt and make a weekend or a week out of it. Hope to see you out there.
    That is cool. I have been wanting to go there for yrs now. Never made it in an amphib. I have a lot to do lately but hopefully sometime later this year I could. Sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tlp View Post
    HiTlp here
    I'm from Muskegon mi and also would like to ride the trails but I think My scrambler is to wide I dont have it registered yet [but that should be easy to do]
    If you guys decide to get together some time let me know maybe I can ride too
    it would be fun to all get together sometime.
    Tlp
    +1 Muskegon ^^^you have a PM
    Newbie here sayin high

hay curbdog 17 I have some places to ride at my house if you want to ride some time, let me know, Im only about an hour east of you
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Quote Originally Posted by trebmaster View Post
    hay curbdog 17 I have some places to ride at my house if you want to ride some time, let me know, Im only about an hour east of you
    Thanks Kevin, I have to get my Scrambler running 1st.

I am in Lansing area (Grand Ledge) will be up for next gathering let me know

Quote Originally Posted by trebmaster View Post
    your welcome also middleagedmax
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

where would this be

about 1 hr west of lansing,15 min SE of grand rapids,the town is Alto. im thinking about the 25th or 26th of this month, all are welcome, chime in
    P.S. curbdog 17 you can come and ride with me until you get yours going
    Last edited by trebmaster; 09-14-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Hey curbdog17, welcome to the forum.
    There are quite a few Scrambler owners here.
    Enjoy your new toy!
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

+ Reply to Thread