Attex Racer Colt Build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex Racer Colt Build

Attex Racer Colt Build

OK, long in the works, gathering parts and planning, but short on actual work done, I have started to rip into the Crazy Colt I got from George to build a racer. For everything that needs to be done, and for as little free time a week as I have, I really need to push ahead. OK, sorry, enough boring stuff. I have started to amass motors, I have one to rebuild now for the Racer, and a backup or two for good measure. I had gotten a NOS lower tub that will not go on right away, I'll screw up the old tub if I make a mistake, will go to the new one when everything is set.

I have also been sourcing everything else I need. Have all the easy stuff out, including the two center axles (Thanks, George, for using anti-ceize!! ) For those who think a tool made in China is a deal, I can only say this was not abuse nor excessive force, and those gloves cushioned the blow to only hurt like a B%)#$, not break or completely skin a knuckle.
    So anyway... Started ripping into the Colt, have to gut it, frame out Restore and upgrade The T-20 will get a thorough checkout and new seals, and Whippers 1.25" axles (Not here yet) should take even MY abuse.

Of course that JLO 252 will be replaced by something just a tad larger
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Cool! Another project to watch!
    Banned

Looking forward to seeing this project reach it's full potential. Keep pushing.

Lewis

Cool!

You've got a great start, and some real potential for the racer, 6x6. I love to watch projects like this come together too.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

A little more tear-down yesterday and today. I'm set on my cage design, exact materials are still a dilemma, but first the frame must come out. If the other 4 axles come out as easy as the first two it'll be out this weekend. If not I get to use Jimmy's Plasma cutter again (AKA most favorite tool since the impact wrench or TIG) Only one piece is really being a $#%#. The muffler studs that pass through the tub melted enough plastic into their threads that the muffler does not want to budge. (Yes, I got the band detached) No biggie though, removing stuff is always easy, putting the new stuff on/making parts is where the FUN is (Said Both seriously and sarcastically)
    This seems just a bit too heavy for contributing only ~10hp, so out it comes
    Last edited by 6X6; 01-30-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Keep at it!

From one procrastinator to another, keep plugging along! Looks like you have a great start. What engine will you be using?

I had been making great progress on my WW until my wife informed me of a leaking shower faucet and a couple cracked tiles. As usual, that small project snowballed into a huge mess, with the bathroom now gutted down to the studs and floor joists to deal with a mold issue. Must have been leaking for a while

And you can imagine where the Attex budget has been applied
    -Dave
    1973 Attex 295 WILD WOLF

Well, tires are off, will hopefully finish getting all the measurements I need and then the frame will come out this week, to be modified, strengthened and caged. Body will need significant repair work but it should come out nice. Hope to have some good progress pictures later this week. I did start trying to figure out where I want to sit and couldn't resist a "Mental" (Take that however you want to) test run.

Also figured I'd get the first pic of it with all wheels (That were still attached) off the ground. In a couple months I will hopefully have some like this but with me driving.

No, I'm not slacking.

Have been working with what time I have, just not a lot of visual progress Anyway, "Santa in Brown" showed up yesterday and I got a nice big box-O-Mystery. At 85lbs, it's gotta be Something Good
    But I'm sure I didn't order a Computer
    Attached Images

Talking PROGRESS

Well that box of mystery was some nice Splined Axles from Whipper, with hardened Sprockets and nice brakes. The work is nothing short of amazing. If I EVER damage one of these axles, the axle will be the least of my worries.

Well, Now that Santa-In-Brown has come back, I have some goodies from Summit as well. The seat is about finalized, as are tranny and motor, now I need a cage. Man, the $$$$ for Chrome moly Tubing now Scrap value is down BIG, but the price for metal stock hasn't followed at all. So I'll have to DOM it, even that ain't cheap no more!

Nice! This is going to be a great racer. I love the splined axles and the updates.

+ Reply to Thread