New Argo Avenger tires?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argo Avenger tires?

Bw6 ,

The new 25 inch Frontier tire " looks " like the tire lugs across the tire are even taller than on the 24 inch Frontier tires? Is this correct?

Tire Lugs

Mudbug3, I measured them against a standard Frontier tire and they are exactly the same, even the lug pitch seems identical. I guess they didn't want to mess with success Tire design R&D can get very expensive, as Argo found out with their "new" diagonal tread pattern, that doesn't swim.

The picture really doesn't do these tires justice. But kudos to ODG for advancing our sport, even though it is self-serving.

New Argo Rplacement tire

Good Morning Gentlemen,

The new tire is more than outstanding. I have had the privilidge of testing the tires on an avenger for some time. The tire more than doubles the water speed in the water as well as works great in mud and snow. Another thing I have notices is that they run outstanding with rubber tracks with very little chain windup. The tire also has a very flat face and gives the appearance of a box design tire. gives a very good footprint.Great tire on its way for all of us.

Regards
    Ken

new tires

If those tires will fit on a MAXII will a 23 horse Kohler, the MaxII would be transformed into the biggest baddest machine of the planet. I can see tire swaps and hoped up MaxII's absolutley dominating in swim speed, climbing, mud, ground clearance, balance and over all abilities. I can see an AATV revelotion now with quad owers duming their four wheelers for old MaxII's. That tire is gonna change everything!

Give Tory a set of tires, and a blow torch, he'll fit them on a maxII

It might not be that far fetched.. he stuck those goodyear ATT 25x11x9's? and Matt's wheels on a II he has. Bolting them on might be the "easy" part. Prolly need wheel spacers or longer axles. Regear the machine, put some JerseyBigfoot Blackbird style mud flaps on the sides. It might not be as tippy as with frontier tires.. the 9" wheels would stick out an inch farther. I think a guy like our web master should do it. Put that 30 hp twin to work.

tires

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Give Tory a set of tires, and a blow torch, he'll fit them on a maxII

It might not be that far fetched.. he stuck those goodyear ATT 25x11x9's? and Matt's wheels on a II he has. Bolting them on might be the "easy" part. Prolly need wheel spacers or longer axles. Regear the machine, put some JerseyBigfoot Blackbird style mud flaps on the sides. It might not be as tippy as with frontier tires.. the 9" wheels would stick out an inch farther. I think a guy like our web master should do it. Put that 30 hp twin to work.
    Ya I think it would work. Put a 1 1/2 wheel extension on the axles to get the tires away from the tub. I don't think it would have to be regeared just a bigger motor and a red spring clutch should do the trick!!! I'll bet a MaxII could get six MPH in the water.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-13-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Hey guys, so there isn't any difference in the new Argo tire and the old 24" version, besides the use of a 9" rim?

I don't think I'd agree that a Max II with these tires would be the ultimate AATV, but hey maybe we could eventually get a bunch of folks with some built up, highly capable AATV's together with different tire combos like some of the Hustlers out there like Don, Boncrshr, Meinfeld, Mudbug, and my Hustler on big Super Swamper Vampires and some Max II's and IV's and some Argos like that one on Mud Bug tires and see which vehicle/tire combo would work best in the deepest, nastiest mud holes that even the largest lifted 4 wheelers would only dream of treading.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Smile new Argo Avenger tires

[QUOTE=Bw6;35468]Mudbug3, I measured them against a standard Frontier tire and they are exactly the same, even the lug pitch seems identical. I guess they didn't want to mess with success Tire design R&D can get very expensive, as Argo found out with their "new" diagonal tread pattern, that doesn't swim.

bw6- I understand thay you are saying that the tread pattern is identical But are you saying that the overall outside diamater of the two tires are identical???
    Last edited by philipatmaxfour; 03-13-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: TYPO

But the Avenger tire is 12" wide instead of the 10" of the Frontier.

frontier tire 23-23.5+" dia @ 2.5 psi depending on who you ask. 2 ply? 10" wide.

new big brother tire. Bw6 says 24" dia @ 3.5 psi. 4 ply. 12" wide.

tread lug and spacing looks the same

+ Reply to Thread