New Argo Avenger tires?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argo Avenger tires?

New Argo Avenger tires?

I found this on another forum.

I get the unique oportunity to test brand new proto type tire that ARGO has come up with. Goodyear who used to make the rawhide3's is no longer making ATV tires. ARGO has teamed up with Carlisle to make a tire for them. The tread pattern is WAY different than the old rawhide3s. ARGO doesnt even know if they will work with the tracks yet!! I will post more after the test.

Are those the same tires that Argo had tried but weren't satisfied with or is this a new version???

Smile Argo tires

Hello bcsteeve, i talk last summer with a Argo distributor and he told me that Argo were trying those tire but it wasn't a success... I ll see he soon and i will ask him again about it...

Martin

That's what I heard but this post was posted only a few days ago. Is that the same diagonal patern that has been seen before??

yes I think so

Looks like a neat tire, but I wouldn't expect it to swim at all. Maybe act as a screw and pull the Argo sideways?
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

I have an amphibious toy with tread like these tires.
    They run them the opposite way on the other side.
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /

Just came back from an outdoor show. Their was an Argo dealer with a 2009 Frontier and a 2009 Avenger. The Avenger had the new tires posted above. He was busy with someone so I didn't get the chance to ask. Are we sure that Argo decided NOT to go with these tires??

Eastern Europe

What I heard from Argo was that these tires work great in the mud, but do not swim. I also heard that Avengers shipped to Eastern Europe are equipped with these tires.

So what size are those??

Breaking News

I feel like a reporter that has just scouped a breaking story, but it is now official Argo has a Rawhide III replacement tire for all Avengers shipped after March 11/09. The new tire is a 25" version of their Frontier tire. It is a 9" rim, 12" wide, it looks like the Frontiers' big brother.

They will retail around $180 CDN. I knew about them a while ago but could not post it until it became official. They should be available at your local Argo dealer soon.

These will fit on all Avengers and Bigfoots, and maybe some Max products.
    They are a 4 ply tire, I will try to post a pic tomorrow, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

+ Reply to Thread