Deepwater

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deepwater

Deepwater

If anyone is planning a ride in Deepwater I would be interested. Not really rode with any other AATV'S before. Just looks so much more fun. Garnett, Ks. has an old city lake with several trails that are nice. Only problem is a 15$ yearly pass. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Do you know the argo dealer in Garnett? Rode with him once at Deepwater. The KS, MO, and etc guys need a place to ride again!(deepwater is technically closed to us) I think you would all be happy with the area at Grand Lake, Oklahoma. Good trails, always water, campgrounds, free, no rules. A little out of the way, perhaps. Except for me

Yea, bought my argo from him. He's been looking for a ride w/others also. Let me know if there is a ride coming up. I will be coming from Lawrence, Ks.

I have never been to that lake in Garnett, but might try to find out more on-line to at least try it out. When the Nazis at Deepwater decided to single us out, it really put a dent in the decent mud places to play in around here.

I have been working on getting us access to an off-road park near Fort Scott, Kansas called Kansas Rocks Park. The owners there are a bit snobbish, and currently only allow full size vehicles like trucks and Jeeps. If I can get them to amend their rules, I will post it here.

In the mean time, I am game for a get together.

Bud

I used to live in Nevada MO and wanted to try that Kansas Rocks place but never made it. I didn't realize access to these places was such a difficult task.

From what I understood, The Army Corp., closed Deepwater down to amphibians because amphibians can make their own trails, and enter the lake at anytime, and they didn't like that.
    Also, if I remember correctly, I think another amphib owner who went to Deepwater alot, and is handicapped, wrote a letter to the Organization that helps out people with discrimination cases, and they wouldn't touch the case.

It's too bad that Army Corp doesn't use these machines, because if they did, maybe then they would understand more about them, and re-open Deepwater. I'm just glad that I have at least a lil farmland on which I can play on, or I'd probably just sell it off.......Nahhhh, I'll never sell it!!! I just wish I knew of some other places close by me, to ride.

What they don't understand is that our machines are way cleaner than anything else. Our machines don't shed grease, battery fluids, or anything else onto the ground, unlike bikes an quads. Also, our rides are way safer than those of quads and bikes. You sit on a bike/quad, you sit in an amphib.
    Just these should be enough to allow our machines back into Mo's ORV's.
    Not too mention, they are very handicapped people-friendly!
    Last edited by Storms; 02-03-2009 at 07:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread