Argo 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo 8x8

Argo 8x8

Is Rotax a type of engine rather than a brand name? My boss is buying an 8x8 Argo used. I can find no info that would confirm that Rotax is a standard engine for a late-model Argo. It has 1200hrs.

Rotax/Bombardier are brand name, I don't know if Rotax came in Argo but they have used just about everyone else's motors so it would not surprise me.

I don't think any production Argo came with a rotax.
    2008 Argo Avenger EFI 8x8
    2001 Argo Bigfoot 6x6

Rotax makes very nice 2-stroke engines used in jet skis, snowmobiles, and light aircraft. Argo has never used it to my knowledge and definately not in recent times. Also, 1200 hours is a lot for an amphib. Run from that one.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

+ Reply to Thread