Recommended Oil & Fuel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommended Oil & Fuel

Recommended Oil & Fuel

Hello All; Im About To Do My First Oil Change On My Max Iv 25hp Koehler Aircooled, And Was Wondering If Anyone Was Useing Fully Synethetic Oil ?and What Was Your Thoughts About It , Also So I Was Curious As To What Octaine Fuel Was Best/ Once Again I Would Like To Thank All You Seasoned 6x6ers For Your Knowledge And Shareing Your Experiences With Us New To The Fourm ..

I have used synthetics in all my motors for years and I must say I believe in them, right from my 7.3 diesel to my jeep, right on to my 16 tecumseh and 20 kohler. I once had a rear end drain all the fliud (synthetic) out of it and I drove 50 highway miles on an empty diff. and after flushing it and replacing the cover put in new synthetic fluid and she did not show any wear or did it miss a beat.They exceed all the standards and I have a diesel with 380.000 kms. on it and it runs like new. I usually feed my small motors top grade fuel don't really know if it helps but can't hurt, less chance of pre-ignition with higher quality fuel.

Thanxs For The Advise And The Quick Response,this Is A Great Fourm

BTW...I love synthetics too, but have never used them in a small motor.

For new automobiles, there is a break-in period on new motors that you should not use synthetics, I think approximately 10-15K. After that, you can use synthetics. Also, for automobiles it is not recommended to switch directly to synthetics. Using a semi-synthetic for 2 oil changes is recommended as it conditions the seals and helps prevent oil leaks.

I am admittedly pretty ignorant about small motors, so I don't know if these automotive synthetic principles apply to small motors?

Also...would synthetic trans fluid use in a T-20 be a bad thing?

This is pretty amazing product in automotive applications...just add 1oz per quart to any fluid in your vehicle. Even works well in A/C systems.

X-1R Concentrated Additive

+ Reply to Thread