Wyoming Mudd-Ox Snow pics

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wyoming Mudd-Ox Snow pics

More pics from a ride last week with Tim Schafer with one of his Argo 750 EFI Avengers.

How did the two machines compare? Is there anything the Argo does better than the Ox? Anything you would recommend Matt change on the Ox based on what you saw on the Argo in the snow?

travisch ,

Comparing the top picture of the Mudd Ox and the bottom one, with the middle picture of the Mudd Ox on the trailor , with tracks,, it seems that you guys swaped the tracks and wheels off of the Argo ,and then put them on the Mudd Ox for a better machine comparison?

Mudslinger - The Argo went everywhere the Mudd-Ox went and vice versa but the Mudd-Ox is more maneuverable having the ability to counter rotate the tires/tracks. Where the Mudd-Ox shines is its turning ability....With the Argo you have to walk the machine into a turn...brake, release, brake, release. If you try to turn in one motion the braked track stops and the spinning track digs (sometimes a hole). With the Mudd-Ox you simple apply more or less forward stick to the tracks while turing which keeps forward momentum on both tracks - less chance of high centering/stuck. The Argo having Hi/Lo gearing will outrun the Mudd-Ox as far as top speed but I'm running the low gear option in the Mudd-Ox right now so if your into speed then I would have to say the Argo is your answer.
    What would I change......? Tough call..... EFI and a turbo would be sweet if money wasn't an option.

Mudbug3 - When Tim came out to Wyoming I asked him to bring a new set of Argo rubber tracks and Frontier tires for a couple reasons when using the machine in deep snow.
    Just like the the rest of the Mudd-Ox the tracks are heavy duty and the set I have are really pre-production. I needed a lighter weight option for high altitude, deep snow use. The Frontier tires alone are 16lbs lighter then the Rawhide III's.
    In snow weight is everything. Reducing the weight on ANY machine will increase performance but at a cost which in this case is durability. No doubt about it the Mudd-Ox track is more durable I'm just shooting for light weight.

travisch ,

I noticed in the picture of your Mudd OX ,and your friends Argo Avenger parked side by side , with the head lights on, that the Argo Avenger,s head lights looked twice as bright as the Mudd Ox head lights? Does the Argo Avenger have a higher out put alternator?

Mudd Ox has high/low beams.

Yup....Running low beam. On high they are really bright. On the Mudd-Ox this is a standard feature.

Very nice pictures Travis.
    Banned

Travis,

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I just ordered a Mudd-Ox myself. I'll be using it up here in Alaska both with and without tracks and would like your opinion on the gearing. Do you think the low gearing option would be a requirement for tracks? I'll be operating at lower elevations than you - sea level to 4000 feet but I'll likely be pulling a trailer during hunting season. Any input would be appreciated.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread