Any body see these Hubless Balloons?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any body see these Hubless Balloons?

Any body see these Hubless Balloons?

I am curious about these hubless balloon tires I have. They dont appear to ever have had a hub in them. They look new. Have no brand name. Have no valve stem either, fill like a ball with a needle. 65" circumferance. Any body now what they are for? The first photo is the inflation needle hole.

I wonder if they were the front tires for some of the 3 wheelers from the 70s?

Those atc front tires where ribbed like a tractor front. Not like a tractor front but same idea. I had a few atc90's and US90's and they also had hubs.

They look like they would go on a 2 wheel all terrain trailer.

Hi,
    i´m not sure but maybe its a possibility. Jiger once build the first vehicles with tires that had one screw in the middle. This could be the reason for the missing hub.

I have some them old jiger tires and they say jiger on them and the valve stem is in the hub. So I dont think its a jiger tire. Unless its another model or year of jiger.

Ok, then another idear, there must be a reason why the valve is not in the midle so maybe this tires are used as front tire of a trike. And such tires are not driven they only roll so they dont need to be fixed with screws.
    Another possibilty is that this thing is no tire, it is a big rubber donut used as toy for giant dogs
    Oh and another serious question, how did they mount the old double tires on vehicles like the amphicat? Maybe this could be such a double tire?
    If all other possibilities had been ruled out, you were probably right!
    I know i read to much Sherlock Holmes

Smile Amphicat duels

Amphicats had a 26.5" long axle with duel hubs,the 3 luggers bolted to each hub. I know i had one..
    See brochures section......

i not sure, but looks to me like they have a 2 piece rim that bolts together. either with seperate bolts or with the lug nuts. i think that i have seen them some where, just can't remeber where or what on.

Darin
    mud and ice

My only idea is that it must be off some old amphib that had a inner hub ring and and outter ring that pinched it together when fasten. That would explain why the valve stem is up in the tire. These have traction bars for drive tires, not ribs like a steer tire. So that is why I dont think the front tire on trike is correct. And I have had a few atc90 trikes and us90's and they all had 3 lug.

+ Reply to Thread