April 3-5 2009 at Busco Beach in NC

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: April 3-5 2009 at Busco Beach in NC

A HUGE Thanks to everyone wo attended. I had such a great time. We had Sand, Mud, Water, Night Riding, Broken Beads, Broken Parts, Fires, and Plenty of Ether. Not to Mention the Food. Also, soaked clothes (Thanks Lance). I'm ready for October.

McCoy

WoW!!!!!

Great ride guys!I always have fun at these gatherings and this was Awesome!!! We made a great showing!

Meeting the members in person was great! Never met a better bunch of people.

This ride was tough and fun! Thrills and more thrills. We saw the Blackbird stretch it's legs and that machine will move!!

We knocked tire beads off and looked GOOD putting them back on!!

McCoy i am sure that the water splash was a accident.

October is just around the corner. The videos can begin!!

i will beat that blackbird in a drag race next time

How many machines did you guys have there? Looks like it was a great time for sure!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

JP i may be wrong but i think around 16 machines. Now some people brought more than one. We have a group shot but a few member were at other places. It was great!
    Last edited by lewis; 04-06-2009 at 08:19 AM.

MightymaxIV,

The Busco Beach video that you posted , really looks clear in HD.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 04-06-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Did I see liflod in a 6 wheel conquest??????? or should I quit on the margaritas? Wow, that was weird, Lance A stubby, nose heavy bulldog your first impression?[/quote]

Apples and Oranges those Max and Argos.

My first impression was on the sand hills. Up and down in the sand was pretty challenging with the differential. I'm not used to the fact that you need to suck most of the power away from the drive wheels to correct your path going up hill. The brakes are very responsive going down hills and its just as easy to get the T-20 style bucking when trying to slow down. It's getting easier now that I have some experience. At least with the Argo, when you let off the throttle, you slow down.

When I got to the mud and water is where the Conquest kicked @#$! It is awesome in the mud!!!! It feels very stable when floating .The differential action of doubling the speed of the tires works quite well for turning. It has brand new axles, chains and bearings so it does not leak a drop of water into the machine.

The machine only lost one bead on the front, but it wasn't even my fault. Anybody wonder why McCoy go wet?????

I had a blast. It was great to meet everyone and I thank all for the great southern hospitality, even from you yankees.

Why is it when you own an Argo you are labled "Tow Truck" ?

Great Video

MM IV: That was a great clip! Your right, this place needs to be visited in person. That was a nasty mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    Did I see liflod in a 6 wheel conquest??????? or should I quit on the margaritas? Wow, that was weird, Lance A stubby, nose heavy bulldog your first impression?

Apples and Oranges those Max and Argos.

My first impression was on the sand hills. Up and down in the sand was pretty challenging with the differential. I'm not used to the fact that you need to suck most of the power away from the drive wheels to correct your path going up hill. The brakes are very responsive going down hills and its just as easy to get the T-20 style bucking when trying to slow down. It's getting easier now that I have some experience. At least with the Argo, when you let off the throttle, you slow down.

When I got to the mud and water is where the Conquest kicked @#$! It is awesome in the mud!!!! It feels very stable when floating .The differential action of doubling the speed of the tires works quite well for turning. It has brand new axles, chains and bearings so it does not leak a drop of water into the machine.

The machine only lost one bead on the front, but it wasn't even my fault. Anybody wonder why McCoy go wet?????

I had a blast. It was great to meet everyone and I thank all for the great southern hospitality, even from you yankees.

Why is it when you own an Argo you are labled "Tow Truck" ?[/QUOTE]

Lance really enjoyed riding with you pal, you did great with that Argo and was that a smile on your face? Glad to have the opportunity to meet you guys.

As soon as I pulled in the driveway, the family was out waiting for a ride in the new machine. My wife figured it out in 2 laps of the yard, my middle daughter about the same. My oldest daughter looked like she has been driving Argos all her life. My son (6) did very well but managed to beat my middle daughters head off the roll cage.

New rule at the house, kids wear helmets even in the yard.

The family loves the new ride !!!! We should have both machines in NY for a ride in a couple weeks.

+ Reply to Thread