April 3-5 2009 at Busco Beach in NC

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: April 3-5 2009 at Busco Beach in NC

The argo will free up the maxIV so you can thrash.. I mean drive it all to yourself sometimes..

I heard Mike and Robbie had smokin' hot max's this trip. Wow, glad it turned out ok. Maybe I should upgrade my fire extinguisher to a Halon? Serious rides seem to uncover little details previously unseen. Been there, done that.

Want video of Mike's II with the new engine! He was dangerous before, now what is he??

Mike's machine will fly and yes he has moved to stage 2. Hills, Ha! He started trying to trail blaze some new paths. Joe M was taking the scrambler up those hills also. He was fearless also. I hope someone got video closeups.

Hill Climb

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    The argo will free up the maxIV so you can thrash.. I mean drive it all to yourself sometimes..

I heard Mike and Robbie had smokin' hot max's this trip. Wow, glad it turned out ok. Maybe I should upgrade my fire extinguisher to a Halon? Serious rides seem to uncover little details previously unseen. Been there, done that.

Want video of Mike's II with the new engine! He was dangerous before, now what is he??
    Roger, Mike was flying up a steep hill about 70 foot high almost straight up! I didn't even want to try it. Raleigh Trainer was there with his new MaxII with a 23 Horse Kohler. Wow was I impessed with the machine-Nice! As always Lewis was impressive. There were also a lot of very nice older machines. An argo 8X8 with tracks that was dominate in the mud. Also a Hustler, several Attex, MaxIV's, the black bird (fast!!!) and scambler with a T-20 that really suprised me. It was bullet quick and like driving a six wheel go cart. One of Don's freinds took me for a ride in his Polaris RZR and that was a fast, smooth imprssive machine!!!! Fun for all. The best shot I got was the 8x8 with tracks going through the mud. Impressive-camera problems-it got wiped out!Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post

I didn't get too crazy this time. It is great to have so much power though.

As for my smokin' hot max, we were in a flooded area. I was leaning out the back of the Max to hook up a winch to my hitch and my foot hit the cigarette lighter under the dash and bent the hot tab to the ground shorting it out and starting a fire. Luckily it only burnt the wires and not the body or the fuel tank. I think Jennifer was about to abandon ship though.

I got it wired up enough yesterday to drive but I have to basically rewire everything on the dash. It could have been much worse. Perhaps I will use a fuse this time.

I uploaded some pictures here:

Busco Beach April, 2009 Photos
    Last edited by Mike; 04-06-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Cool Hope Everybody had a safe trip home!!

Well, $15.00 in quarters and she still aint clean. Candy, not the argo!

We got in about 0100hrs this mornin and I am getting ready to go back to work. Best weekend I have had in several years. Really great to meet all of ya'll. Mike, thanks for the fire, very exciting. Jenifer was about to dive I think and we were stalled and sinking fast!!

Lewis, ,,,,,, Just KOOOOLLLL

Robbie, McCoy I had a ball. Race (Brian) Thanks alot for all your help. I sure hope we can get togather again soon

George, I did get to go fast, Thanks!!!

Everybody was such a pleasure to be around.

RJ------ YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have CandyCane signed up here after while and we will put up some of the pics we got too!!!

we are home thanks to everyone for coming , it was a great event . to our out of town guest , thank you thank you . for making a long drive and coming here it was the most fun we have ever had, joe m you are fear less, climbing the 70 ft hill with ease, lance great riding with you thanks for showing me what to do to my max . my wife is still in love with your argo, evil and dr evil it was a blast to ride with you even though we got lost, 6x6 you ride the hell out of that attex, mogman thank you for coming and bringing rj him and hunter had a ball together, randy and miss candy it was great to meet you i see you all will be a regular carolina boys from now on, mark had a blast the bigfoot is heavy, but we got you . the black bird is out of this world, thank you to the carolina boys as all ways fun riding with you . thanks dan and son it was great riding with you and the vid is wonderful, atv 93 now i think you will get you 6x fixed . you did great in the hustler i have to say every body is the greatest kindest people in this world to ride with, and mccoy thank you for not lettting alley hit the mud when we slid sideways in that big hole in our "lost adventure", we need gps or at least a compass ha ha, is it october already? we will have to make another ride before then guys. robbie, alley & hunter
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Had a blast at Busco! The Carolina boys are the absolute coolest! Thanks to everyone for feeding us, sharing their machines , and help with trail repair. (sorry McCoy for setting your air compressor on fire with the either trick) That will be one of my more memorable night rides ! (The GPS will stay with the machine and not in the glovebox of the truck!) I saw Robbie do things in the Max that defied the laws of physics!

I had a great time!!!! I can't wait till next time!!! Busco Beach is an awesome place and the Carolina Boys are my kind of people. It was great to meet everyone. Thanks to everyone for the great food and help with repairs. This event was one of the best!!! I can't wait to see the pictures and videos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdr View Post
    we are home thanks to everyone for coming , it was a great event . to our out of town guest , thank you thank you . for making a long drive and coming here it was the most fun we have ever had, joe m you are fear less, climbing the 70 ft hill with ease, lance great riding with you thanks for showing me what to do to my max . my wife is still in love with your argo, evil and dr evil it was a blast to ride with you even though we got lost, 6x6 you ride the hell out of that attex, mogman thank you for coming and bringing rj him and hunter had a ball together, randy and miss candy it was great to meet you i see you all will be a regular carolina boys from now on, mark had a blast the bigfoot is heavy, but we got you . the black bird is out of this world, thank you to the carolina boys as all ways fun riding with you . thanks dan and son it was great riding with you and the vid is wonderful, atv 93 now i think you will get you 6x fixed . you did great in the hustler i have to say every body is the greatest kindest people in this world to ride with, and mccoy thank you for not lettting alley hit the mud when we slid sideways in that big hole in our "lost adventure", we need gps or at least a compass ha ha, is it october already? we will have to make another ride before then guys. robbie, alley & hunter

Robbie, you'll have to take the Scrambler up that hill in October.

Remember, we were talking about the Bombardier J5?

Boy, wouldn't that be fun back in those mud holes?

Joe M,

That Bombardier J5 looks like it would do pretty good in an open marsh area , or on some muddy jeep trails.

+ Reply to Thread