6x6 Racing at Ashtabula Ohio May 22-24, 2009

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Racing at Ashtabula Ohio May 22-24, 2009

Smile rare machines,,

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
    Can't WAIT!!!!!!! What rare machines will be there?
    hopefully a few amf's a sears,a scat, muscateer,country bumpkin special, lotsa stuff...prototype gotcha,12 tire Amphicat... you know normal stuff 4 me.lol

Museum

Steve, Looking forward to meeting you and seeing some of the "Amphi-fleet" too.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    hopefully a few amf's a sears,a scat, muscateer,country bumpkin special, lotsa stuff...prototype gotcha,12 tire Amphicat... you know normal stuff 4 me.lol
    I'm working on a little surprise to bring along... Hope I can get it done

racing rollbar

Back in '70's you were required to have a rollbar to frame. Is an Attex type bar to angle on body edge going to be acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by turvuren View Post
    Back in '70's you were required to have a rollbar to frame. Is an Attex type bar to angle on body edge going to be acceptable?

In the early 70s we used a roll cage to the belly band (body seam) and flat stock from the belly band to the frame in four places. It passed then and I assume it's still okay. The McKay racer has the main bar welded to flat stock which is bolted to the frame and the rear bars are attached to the belly band.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

That will be fine. Bud didn't want to get technical with his requirements. As long as you have a roll cage, seat belts, and a helmet you are fine.

Smile thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Steve, Looking forward to meeting you and seeing some of the "Amphi-fleet" too.
    it will be my pleasure as well!!

Smile surprizes!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
    I'm working on a little surprise to bring along... Hope I can get it done
    What joe m? a nitro amphicat?

Cool Carolina Boys

Alright guys, who is going to Astabula? I made my reservation today and the Wife(Peggy) and i will be there Friday morning. Who else is going? Couldn't miss the event of the Year!! Will not be taking a machine but will have a video camera.

I'll be there for sure.......Thursday night, or Friday morning. We're getting some nice weather here in upstate NY for a couple days (FINALLY!) and I'll be getting the inner tub on the racer polished up and finish bolting in all of the axles, bearings, hubs, and sprockets. Hydromike was nice enough to do the finishing touches on the fab work with me last weekend.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Closed Thread