6x6 Racing at Ashtabula Ohio May 22-24, 2009

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Racing at Ashtabula Ohio May 22-24, 2009

6x6 Racing at Ashtabula Ohio May 22-24, 2009

The race is over and the results are in. Check this thread for video and more: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...ts-2009-a.html

(The original "planning" thread is located below for record)

It's official, after years of waiting, 6x6 racing is BACK!

This memorial day weekend in 2009 at Pine Lake in Ashtabula will be one that you DO NOT want to miss. To celebrate the 40th anniversary of America's Oldest ATV racing facility, Bud Fischer of Fischer Cycle has taken the time to organize a six wheeler event that you will never forget.

When
    Memorial Day Weekend 2009
    Friday-Sunday
    May 22, 23, and 24.

These are the official dates but Bud has graciously offered to open the gates to us even earlier if you guys want to get there the day before.

I have added the race to our calendar here: 6x6 Racing at Pine Lake You can set the calendar to send you an email reminder anytime before the race.

Where
    The Pine Lake racetrack in Ashtabula, OH. USA
    Here is a link to the track on Google: Pine Lake
    The address associated with it is 3706 Maple Road in Kingsville Ohio

Note: If your GPS or online mapping software doesn't recognize that road use this address for directions: 2488 Plymouth Gageville Rd Ashtabula, OH 44004

That will take you right to Maple Road. Turn on Maple Road and the track should be down on the left.

How Much
    Bud has been very gracious with his pricing. He isn't doing this for a profit, he is a huge six wheeler enthusiast and wants to see this happen as much as we do so he has kept cost as low as he could:

$25 per person for the entire weekend including primitive camping! You can't beat that.

$10 per person (per day) if you just want to come watch. So if you show up Saturday to watch you just pay $10 to get in.

$20 per person to enter a class for racing. Most of this money is going towards trophys. Bud has said that he would consider a lower price for anyone entering multiple classes.

Kids 10 years and under get in for FREE!

Classes
    The classes are still not completely nailed down but so far this is what it looks like:

Four Stroke
    Two Stroke
    Rookie
    Powder Puff (if we have enough women racers)
    Junior (if we have enough young racers)
    Over 50 class (I'm sure we have enough of those )
    Modified

I'm not going to expand on these classes any until we get the official word from Bud.

Other Events
    Bud didn't want to stop at racing only so he has provided us with some other activities to occupy our time:

-Six Wheeler show either Friday night or Saturday
    -Obstacle course
    -Trail Rides (Bud is grading some trails especially for us)
    -Bon Fire
    -DJ and dancing
    -Capture the flag contest

Other events that are possibly in the works but not yet finalized:
    -Drag race
    -Water race

Safety
    Bud only requires three things:
    -A Roll Bar or Cage
    -Seat Belts
    -Helmets

That's it. He wanted to keep this as simple as possible while also keeping it safe for everyone.

Places to Stay
    If you don't want to camp at the track there are several choices of hotels close by in either Ashtabula, Ohio or Kingsville, Ohio:

Days Inn
    Holiday Inn Express
    Hampton Inn
    Sleep Inn

You can visit Fischer Cycle's Website for more information.

Thank You
    I have to thank a few people for making this event possible:

Whipper and Bridget - if it weren't for you two this never would have gotten off the ground. Thank you for your calls to get the ball rolling and for staying on top of everyone.

Bud Fischer - We owe you a HUGE thank you for making this a reality. Hopefully we can thank you with a huge turn-out to make this race everything you have talked about over the past few months.
    Last edited by Mike; 06-02-2009 at 05:34 PM.

yes!
    Banned

YES is Right. This just made a good day great!
    MIKE Thank you!
    Whipper and Bridget Thank you!
    Bud Fischer, AWESOME!

Oohhh, sounds fun. OK, I need something to wipe the grin off my face so I can try to sleep, yea, right.
    Last edited by 6X6; 02-27-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: 50+ class added
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

oh, old aatv riders?

hehehe count me in.....darn .. kids. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    yes!

gee. George,is it PARTY time? maybe jpswift might help..
    Perhaps? it is time for Amphiman1's traveling museum?
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 02-27-2009 at 01:17 AM.

This is going to be a blast!!! I met Bud at the track last week while I and a few friends were on a road trip. The track and facilities are top notch. I can hardly wait!!!

Matt
    Attached Images

Simply amazing! Thanks to everyone who's made this a reality. What a great way to ring in the summer! I'm uber-stoked.

....Gotta get WAY more welding rod...

~m

...we haaaaaave liftoff..
    Last edited by hydromike; 02-27-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: ...cuz i wanted to put in some pictures. Duh?

Smile too much fun!

anyone have a big enough soccer ball? hehehehe
    Ever play aatv soccer? it's a blast!!!
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 02-27-2009 at 06:50 PM.

I will continue to update the original post when I get new info. This just in:

Kids 10 and under get in for Free!

Also, Bridget and Whipper reminded me that there will be an Over 50 class as well. I'm guessing this one will be very popular

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Also, Bridget and Whipper reminded me that there will be an Over 50 class as well. I'm guessing this one will be very popular

I would imagine it's the only class with experience. Probably the hardest bunch to beat.
    Banned

Closed Thread