MUDBUG tires by maxxis

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MUDBUG tires by maxxis

Overkill,

Well ,I guess that just about settles it. What ever floats your tub. ( literally ) Yes,,if you are up to the challenge that an unsuspended amphib will give you ,and you really enjoy it,, then the only thing left to do , is to get your amphibious wheels wet ,and really enjoy the sport. Yes,, Whippers Yellow spider springer really rips , no doubt about it I,m sure right now ,,that the wheels inside your head are turning , about how long it will take to get that hot 570 Yamaha motor, back inside that alluminum tub. Keep us all posted on the latest developements . Inquiring minds need to know !

Red Spring

Im hearing more and more about this red spring,will it make that much of a noticable difference? what is involved in the istallation? does anyone know what the cost of them are? Once again im liking this site and everyones dedication to helping out us new folks who have become addicted to this 6x6 thing; John from NEW JERSEY (Im thinking theres not to many on here fron JERSEY)

Well I decided that this spring I will be selling my set of Goodyear 26x12x12 Super Terra Grip tires that were factory tires on my Hustler BIG FOOT and jump on the Mud Bug band wagon. I made that decision after I saw a fellow forum member's Hustlert BIG FOOT rebuild with some 26" mud tires on it (although they arent Mud Bugs) and I said that its a must have. I would assume that what I have heard about them being decent in the water is true because they are shaped just like a Goodyear Rawhide III. I hear that these Mud Bugs are pretty impressive in the mud, which my BIG FOOT is primarily for.

It sure looks like this machine means business!!!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Reference the mud bugs and water speed

JPSWIFT1-Congradulations on your choice for a big aggressive tire-your water speed may not be as good as the Goodyears but with everything else you will never look back. Matt recently conducted a water speed test on 25" mud bugs with the v facing forward they gps'd at 1 mph. Not a great water speed but look what you get in mud eating ability. WOW! Hey please tell me where you got those aluminum 5 lugs rims? Are they 8 1/2 inches wide? I want a set for my Max. Please let me know okay?
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 10-15-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Looking good JP

JPSWIFT1
    I like the way that thing looks,what a BEAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Man, your doing a really nice job on building that Hustler. Jp, the tires need to go on the other way. Look at the arrow on the side of the tire to show the right way.With the tires being on backwards , they throw alot of water up in the air (all over the place)!!!They wont swim very good with them being the wrong way.

Remember, these tires are not Amphib tires , which every one puts on backwards , they are(atv) mud tires . Man , you will really love what they will do for your beast. Its looking really good. I put some 25x12x9 mud bugs on my 72 Max2 , and it sure changes the way the car looks, thats for sure.

That is actually not my Hustler, that is the Hustler that influenced me to put these tires on mine. I am actually already done with my restoration. I just wanted to show everyone what fellow 6x6world memeber, Meinfield did with his rig. I dont really know where he got those aluminum rims, but maybe he could tell us. Anyways, if you put the treads backwards on the Mud Bug tires, will water speed increase?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

"Anyways, if you put the treads backwards on the Mud Bug tires, will water speed increase? " [/QUOTE]

Matt Oxender recently ran a GPS water speed test on the Mudbugs facing forwards and backwards. Facing backwards the Mud Bugs Gps at .o8 water speed , and facing fowards , tney GPS at 1 mph water speed.

Thanks for the info Mudbug. Do you know if any other ATV mud tires were tested that did any better in the water?

+ Reply to Thread