Down in Danville VA

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Down in Danville VA

Down in Danville VA

Hello all, I am in Danville VA for the weekend. Is there anything I could do that is not too far from here?

I have been here since Tuesday swapping SNOW stories with co-workers. Its nice to see people excited by snow, up home (Ontario) we are waiting for spring....

Thanks for any ideas....
    Last edited by yellowargo; 03-04-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Ya ain't stuck til the winch cable comes out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowargo View Post
    Hello all, I am in Danville VA for the weekend. Is there anything I could do that is not too far from here?

I have been here since Tuesday swapping SNOW stories with co-workers. Its nice to see people excited by snow, up home (Ontario) we are waiting for spring....

Thanks for any ideas....
    Go to one of my favorite places.

AAF Tank Museum. It's just on the North side of town on 29B.

If you're into Military history, you could easily spend the whole day there. I was a volunteer at the museum when they were in NY for 7 years. I go there 3 to 4 times a year now.

Tell any of the guys working in the museum I sent you....especially if you meet Bill. He'll be the guy wearing a cavalry hat.
    Banned

I don't know of anything that far south in VA, but you're right over the border from the Carolina boys and they may be able to give you ideas. Tasker's Gap in the George Washington National Forest is near Edinburg, VA and may be on your way home, and if you're coming up I 81 you're only a few miles from my house- stop in and look at all the old junk!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Last edited by George; 03-04-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    Banned

tank vid

Pretty cool

Thanks George! I will be going this Saturday, I have rounded up a couple of friends from work to join me. The video was excellent, got me pumped up.

I'll let you know how it went and might even include a couple of pictures.....

Later.... Kevin

Thumbs down

Very cool George!!!!!!!

Here is a N.C. guide. This might help. Nothing much around the area you will be at. Hope you guys enjoy your trip and be safe. There is the Biltmore House is Ashville N.C. Very beautiful and historic site.
    North Carolina Travel Guide for Fun Family Vacations in North Carolina

George has the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowargo View Post
    Thanks George! I will be going this Saturday, I have rounded up a couple of friends from work to join me. The video was excellent, got me pumped up.

I'll let you know how it went and might even include a couple of pictures.....

Later.... Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Just an FYI, most of that video is from a big event that they hold every April. They do not do many of those demos on a daily basis. You'll be able see all those things but the demos are usually only done a few times a year.
    Banned

Ya I kinda figured, but it still looks like alot of fun! Have you been to the National War Museum in Ottawa Ontario? If your make it up my way You should go.

Thanks again George.

The museum was great! We went in and it took us more than 4 hours to go through. (could have been much longer but we had a busy day planned) I could not beleive the time that must have been put into the restoration of some of the vehicles. It was nice to see the differnt stages of completion.

The guy I went there with is an engineer and he was awe stuck on the size of the place and the diversity of the equipment.

Overall I would give this a 10 out of 10. The people are very nice and very knowlegable and definetly love their work. The place was A+++

Oh and George I mentioned your name and they knew who you were right away, you have quite a fan club there. It sounds as though you are like a kid in a candy shop when you visit and help out.

Thanks again George it was amazing. I hear you are coming down soon to help put on the show, let me know when and if I am in Danville that week maybe you could score me some front row seats LOL

Talk to you later

Kevin

+ Reply to Thread