All things Alaskan Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All things Alaskan Mudd-Ox

For you hardcore Mudd-Ox fans here is a link to a longer better resolution version of the above movie
    Alaska Mudd-Ox deep snow movie
    MobileMe Gallery

a couple of pics of a Mudd-Ox wanna be!! At the Arctic Man ski/snowmobile race this weekend
    Attached Images

Mudd-Ox at 2009 ArcticMan ski/snowmobile race
    enjoy
    Mark
    Last edited by akexpress; 04-13-2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: video link didn't work

Just some pictures

I haven't posted any pics in awhile; so, here are some pics of me playing on a plowed snow pile outside the house. I am amazed at what I can crawl up and go down even with the tires on during the winter. These are pics of me dropping off the pile. I still can't believe how comfortable I was easing the front end over the side of the pile.

Mudd-Ox Pictures

AKfishhunter ,

I love the red colour on your Mudd Ox.

Here are some pictures of our Mudd-Ox on a camping trip this week end. 6 adults and 3 kids we camped about 16 miles from the road. The gray looking sand is really glacial silt from the Knik glacier. Will post some video in the next couple of days.
    Attached Images

16 miles of fairly flat terrain, it appears. You must have had plenty of time to cruise out at the upper speed range. How did they fair? Did you check the top end speed? (you may have them lower geared still). Also.....I'm sure the temps are fairly cool up there still, but did you have any heat issues after cruising for extended periods of time? How are the spring tension adjustments on the clutch working out?

The trailers look cool. I bet they came in handy for camping gear. Are you making the adjustment from tracks to tires pretty well? I hope peoples' teeth aren't being neglected with all this play time you have...........

Yes some of the terrain was fairly flat and we were running them fairly hard. Max speed was about 15 but we were heavily loaded. Black machine had 4 adults and 2 kids and a portable crib, case of water and lots of other stuff. the trailer full probably weighted about 800 lbs so I am guessing abut 1600 lbs total. We stopped about every 7-8 miles which probably helped with heat issues although we never had to stop because of overheating. We did see around 200 degrees but that is below the limit of 220. they due tend to run hotter when roading as opposed to working in the mud ,snow etc and even hilly terrain. the design of the hydraulics is such that not as much cool fluid circulates when max throttle sticks forward on flat ground, any time you are moving the sticks much more cooling takes place . The clutch changes actually work to effectively lower the gearing as it keeps the secondary from opening as much therefore effectively lowering. It has much more torque for the steep hills and deep mud etc which is what we have a lot of. As soon as I edit the video you will see what I mean. The trailer are essential for the amount of gear we need to haul and to transport moose, caribou etc after a hunt. the machine feels like a hot rod without the tracks, we have over forty hours on tracks on the black machine. Don't tell my patients that I am out playing, they think I am at conference or something professional!! I will try and get another video or two posted in the next couple of days. On the way out we climbed some hills with the machine fully loaded with the trailer and scared ourselves a few times but the machine climbed everything we thru at it and the maneuvering around trees etc was amazing with the hydrostatic steering.
    Thanks
    Mark

akexpress,

The benefits of owning a Mudd Ox

" On the way out we climbed some hills with the machine fully loaded with the trailer and scared ourselves a few times but the machine climbed everything we thru at it and the maneuvering around trees etc was amazing with the hydrostatic steering."

I,m glad the spring modification that you made to your clutch is working out for you.

here is some video of the Mudd-Ox here in the alaskan mud

enjoy
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread