All things Alaskan Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All things Alaskan Mudd-Ox

One more video of the use of the hydrostatic steering and power application to climb a very steep hill with trees and obstacles to avoid. The video doesn't really do it justice as to how steep the hill was.

Enjoy
    Mark
    Last edited by akexpress; 05-09-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: added the video link

very nice. i never get sick of watching the mudd-ox in action. What percent grade would you estimate the hill? It does look steep in the video which means it must be really steep. As you said videos usually dont give justice to the actual grade of the hill.

Amazing

The Mudd Ox is fascinating to watch. It looked like your left front tire was either very low on pressure or flat. Your ability to counter rotate in that situation gave you an advantage that would have a Max or Argo in trouble in those extreme situations. Neat to watch. Hope I get a change to see an Ox in some extreme Mudd up close and personal.

akexpress ,

I just watched your latest video on Utube called " Mudd-Ox in Alaska mud " , and it was GREAT! Your last two Utube video,s have been the best so far.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 05-14-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Looks like fun! That is a gnarly hill. Was that a chain-slapping noise? I wondered if the Mudd Ox had chains or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTrail View Post
    Looks like fun! That is a gnarly hill. Was that a chain-slapping noise? I wondered if the Mudd Ox had chains or not.
    No flats, I was running 2 psi in all the tires but all the weight was on the front tires going down the hill. The slapping noise was the chain on the front axel. The sprocket on the axel was to close to the frame and when I rotated on that uneven ground the master link clipped the frame. I moved the sprocket about a 1/4 inch more away from the frame and have had no problems since. I am not sure what percent grade the hill was. I know I was very surprised how easily I climbed and maneuvered up it. I have yet to feel uncomfortable or nervous about the stability of the OX on steep grades.

Pretty impressive if you ask me!

Mudd Ox in the Mud

This video of the Mudd Ox in Alaska was so impressive I just had to post it for everyone else to see. If anyone had any doubt about the Ox's ability to handle mud this should lay those doubts to rest.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 05-15-2009 at 05:25 AM.

That is a cool video

The Mudd Ox continues to be an impressive machine , and I can only imagine how it would perform in the mud with eight ASX tires on it.

+ Reply to Thread