attex trailer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: attex trailer

attex trailer

what do you guys think about an 208tt tralier.i might take the 208tt that im not using right now and make a tralier any ideas?????????????????????

Hey John,

If you're talking about cutting up the 208tt to make a trailer out of it, I would be one thousand percent against it. 1000% ! Even in rough to poor shape, the machines can often be saved for their intended purpose. There are just so many of them out there, and cutting one up for a trailer makes me cringe. I, and probably about 30 other people on the board would offer to buy it from you or trade you a really nice trailer before it were to be cut up. The pics of the TT you showed look pretty respectable. There are probably a lot of other bodies (poly Max bodies, or Argo bodies) that would be much better suited if you were dead set on making a trailer out of it....

A nice steel-bodied utility trailer built to perform as a trailer will likely hold 3 times more weight than a little old TT...

Please don't. Please, please please....

Tell me how much money you need to have for it before you cut it up.

~mike

trailer

i just to turn them around but to but,not to cut just tow behind,just fill the inside with stuff for camping,ect,leave the 208 stock no cutting

Even then, a 208TT is worth fixing up to use as an ATV rather than a trailer. I'm relieved that you don't want to cut it, but just using it to haul stuff kinda depresses me. The 208 is pretty complete as far as the body goes. You could probably find a deal on a lower-only body (again, like a Max, for example... I might be able to put you in touch with someone who could give you a deal on a nice big Max IV lower body...)

In my opinion, your 208TT looks to be in much to good of condition to be used for anything except a running AATV.

Are you SURE you don't want to send it up here to NY?
    ~m

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Are you SURE you don't want to send it up here to NY?
    ~m
    ...Or south to Virginia?

I have to agree with Mike on this one (circle the date on the calender!) There are lots of other ways to get your stuff out to the campsite. I've got some old tubs that are past use for an Attex, but could be patched up. All you'd need to do is build a sub frame, throw a set of center axles and a tow hitch and you'd have your amphibious trailer. Save the 208!

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I'm on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    ...Or south to Virginia?

Don
    I can be in Erie by 2:45 if I leave right now.... gimme an excuse....

~m

Smile attex

lol i might keep it

AS HYDROMIKE SAID DO NOT CUT IT UP!!! And please dont use it as a trailer. I saved two Attexes from this one guy that wanted to make them into trailers to haul trees out of the woods with. Find an old junky poly body Max tub or better yet an old steel dump trailer for a garden tractor and put some ATV tires on it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread