About the 6x6 model

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
Closed Thread

Thread: About the 6x6 model

About the 6x6 model

This is the 6x6 model that will be making its way to member's homes. It is based loosely on the Amphicat. It was manufactured by HASBRO in the USA and was part of a G.I. Joe Adventure Team set. This particular set was "The Secret of the Mummy's Tomb", the first to include the Adventure Team Vehicle.

Included in this Adventure Team set was GI Joe, a mummy in a sarcophagus, a net, some jewels, a pick-axe, a shovel, a crane that hooks onto the back of the ATV to lower the sarcophagus into a grave, and two hand rails to fit on the rear of the ATV when the crane is not in use.

There was also a separate book and record episode of GI Joe that someone scanned and animated on youtube telling the story:

The price of these sets now range anywhere from $60-$400 depending upon how complete or incomplete they are. I picked up this particular model on ebay. You can usually find them there by searching for adventure team vehicle, Toys Hobbies items on eBay.com

It did not include any of the models or accessories but that was fine by me since we just need the six wheeler. I have removed the two Adventure Team stickers that were on the front of the six wheeler so that we would have more room to sign our user names. The only part of the six wheeler that I wish we had were the rear handrails. Without them there are four holes that look a little out of place.

Other than some scratches, a small crack, and some discolored parts of the body where the stickers were this one is in decent shape to be 35 years old. I printed and added a small 6x6 World bumper sticker and put it on the seat just to add a little 6x6 World touch.

That's the history on these models and this one in particular. If you want one of your own just watch ebay here: adventure team vehicle, Toys Hobbies items on eBay.com

Reference: GI Joe - The Mummy's Tomb Revisited
    Last edited by Mike; 03-18-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Closed Thread