Attex Clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex Clutch

Attex Clutch

has anyone try to change the clutch on the tranny to an aftermarket,i have a aluminum secondary cluth from a snowmobile,or can you change it????????

I think the shaft diameter is different on the transmission. That would be the only thing holding you back. It may have a different spring or be set up different. If it fits, its worth a try.

It's possible to change the driven clutch on the ATV 6000 (straight shaft, no reverse) transmission, but it's a lot more entailed on the 5000 and 7000 series transmissions. I believe the driven clutch (torque sensor, whatever...) on the 6000 series is held on via the 1/4" keyway and two retaining rings. Both DonK and JeffP have Salsbury drivens on their straight shaft 6000s.

As far as the 5000 and 7000 series go, from what I can see the driven clutch assembly contains a collar that extends into the transmission assembly itself to drive the planetary gears. It looks like it would take some pretty fancy fabrication to get it done on this trans.

On the T-20, it's a piece of cake. Take the belt off, unbolt the clutch and bolt the new on one. 10 min. tops if everything goes right.

~m

CDI ignition

I am building a capacitive discharge engine control for my L297. I have assembled the electronics components and it generates a big fat blue spark when turning it over by hand. To operate properly, I need a place on the shaft to install a 6" diameter aluminum rotor indexed to a few thousandths of an inch BTDC, so I need a good place to mount the rotor with no rotor slippage on the shaft. I am considering bolting it to the motor side of the clutch drive.

The clutch bolts on to a 30mm tapered shaft. Will the clutch ever have occasion to slip on the shaft and throw off my timing?

steve

+ Reply to Thread