Alaska Muddox Prices

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: Alaska Muddox Prices

Threaded View

Alaska Muddox Prices

I am new to posting on this site, but have been viewing it near daily for that last several weeks.

I live in Alaska and I am considering strongly purchasing a Mudd-Ox. I went to the local dealer, had a test drive and was very impressed.

What has me stumbling at this point is the base price of $23,500 in Alaska, compared with $19,000 in lower 48. $4,500 difference seems steep, so I am considering purchasing out of state.

I am sold on the machine - no doubt - but if something happens I am very skeptical on service.

I am giving the benefit of the doubt temporarily to the dealer, only because it is newly established.

To spend this kind of money, which is no drop in the bucket, I want to know that the dealer will stand behind the product, and is capable to do so.

So, that is my dilemma - any thoughts?

Also, I noticed someone had upgraded to Kendra Bearclaw and aluminum wheels. I would also be interested in upgrading tires but was wondering about other potential alternatives. Perhaps like a Titan 589 M/T - a heavy very aggressive tread tire. Is this a possibility? They are very heavy tires, but you could couple them with an aluminum rim to counter the weight.

I guess, bottom line, would there be much benefit? I am not interested in tracks at this time, but will be using the Mudd-Ox for some serious mudding and tundra travel. I have an ATV and the Titan 589's were invaluable. Especially because of the bead protection (about 3/8" rubber) that surrounds the rim. Where I travel I can ill afford to get stranded with too many tire issues.

I also will be pulling a trailer 50% of the time (A pac-rat outfitter manufactured by Plaschem in Anchorage). I had a lot of problems with the tires being knocked of the rims in rocky mudholes. Solved that by putting tubes in all 4 tires and have not had a problem since. Are tubes an option for the stock tires or is it a moot point?

Sorry so long-winded!! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. If I can figure out the photo upload, I will post a pic from moose hunting
    Last edited by Shaulinn; 03-18-2009 at 11:47 AM.