Alaska Muddox Prices

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Muddox Prices

Alaska Muddox Prices

I am new to posting on this site, but have been viewing it near daily for that last several weeks.

I live in Alaska and I am considering strongly purchasing a Mudd-Ox. I went to the local dealer, had a test drive and was very impressed.

What has me stumbling at this point is the base price of $23,500 in Alaska, compared with $19,000 in lower 48. $4,500 difference seems steep, so I am considering purchasing out of state.

I am sold on the machine - no doubt - but if something happens I am very skeptical on service.

I am giving the benefit of the doubt temporarily to the dealer, only because it is newly established.

To spend this kind of money, which is no drop in the bucket, I want to know that the dealer will stand behind the product, and is capable to do so.

So, that is my dilemma - any thoughts?

Also, I noticed someone had upgraded to Kendra Bearclaw and aluminum wheels. I would also be interested in upgrading tires but was wondering about other potential alternatives. Perhaps like a Titan 589 M/T - a heavy very aggressive tread tire. Is this a possibility? They are very heavy tires, but you could couple them with an aluminum rim to counter the weight.

I guess, bottom line, would there be much benefit? I am not interested in tracks at this time, but will be using the Mudd-Ox for some serious mudding and tundra travel. I have an ATV and the Titan 589's were invaluable. Especially because of the bead protection (about 3/8" rubber) that surrounds the rim. Where I travel I can ill afford to get stranded with too many tire issues.

I also will be pulling a trailer 50% of the time (A pac-rat outfitter manufactured by Plaschem in Anchorage). I had a lot of problems with the tires being knocked of the rims in rocky mudholes. Solved that by putting tubes in all 4 tires and have not had a problem since. Are tubes an option for the stock tires or is it a moot point?

Sorry so long-winded!! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. If I can figure out the photo upload, I will post a pic from moose hunting
    Last edited by Shaulinn; 03-18-2009 at 11:47 AM.

I can't address the price but as for the service aspect, I think most of your mudd-ox dealers will be in similar situations because it is such a new product. The only exception being existing Argo dealers that decide to carry Mudd-ox. That would be the only way that you are going to get someone with some real dealer/service experience. And there are plenty of Argo dealers out there that are carrying the Mudd-Ox.

Visit or speak to several dealers if you can and go with your gut feeling on their capabilities. You can usually get a pretty good feel for how knowledgable and mechanically inclined someone is by talking to them for a few minutes about the machine.

If you have heartache over an issue PM Matt here on the site or give him a call personally. I'm sure he would be happy to discuss Mudd-Ox with you and give you his opinion on what to do and where to go.

By the way, welcome to the site.

Shaulinn - While I can't speak for the Mudd-Ox dealer in Alaska I will say that there has been a price increase in the last few days.
    I also know that the machines sent to Alaska are equipped a little differently. Bigger winch, different hydro fluid ect....You also have to take into account the fact that he paid dearly to get them shipped to Alaska when compared to someone based in the lower 48.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-17-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Ask Matt about the alum wheels and Bearclaws, if they stayed mounted at low psi, and if they swam at all. Mudd Ox factory wheels hold tire beads really well, if you find a 9" tire you like. Results with tubes vary. All it did for me was have an inflated tube inside when the bead came off, and then it might still pull the stem out of the tube from all the movement. Others use tubes with more success. I prefer a wheel that holds the bead, carry Slime sealer and as many plugs/tool as you might need and of course an air pump.

Just call Matt or have him call you. He's a great guy.

Dealer Concern Alleviated

Thanks for all of the responses. Shortly after my post, I received a phone call from the Alaska dealer, who kindly spent well over 1/2 hour with me on the phone.

Sometimes, you simply do not know the full picture and jump to conclusions, which I did in this case. My concerns with the Alaska dealer and service have really been addressed and at this point I am fully satisfied and ready to make a LOCAL purchase.

After dealing with ATV's and AATV dealers in Alaska for many, many years, I have developed a sour taste for the local service and dealerships - at one point I had a brand new four-wheeler in a xxxxxxx shop for 9 months (It had 31 miles on it).

I am impressed with the one on one conversation of our local dealer, who really stepped to the plate, answered all of my questions, earned my trust and put me at ease. All of this and I have not even purchased a thing yet!

I look forward to dealing with Alaska Mudd-Ox long into the future, and can hopefully send much business their direction.

Very professional response, akexpress. I can see that your business will do very well as word gets out about MudOx in Alaska.
    Check out my new YouTube channel, TWANGnBANG.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG

Moose pic

Here is a 5x5 brow tine moose I shot year before last - the shortest brow tine was 8" and the longest was 16". This is where the Mudd-Ox will see most of its use - hunting.
    Attached Images

Shaulinn,

That Moose head will make a fine wall mount!

Alaska Mudd Ox

Shaulinn,
    I have to say after meeting Mark, Ben, and Travis I'm confident they will support me and my new Mudd Ox very well. They have responded promptly to all of my questions and have given me good advice on setting the machine up for my intended use. (I'll eventually be running tracks). As Mike pointed out, you will not find a dealer anywhere that has any real experience with it because it's so new.

As for price - Buy it now before everyone sees what a great deal it really is! I believe it's underpriced and once it's established the price may go up again. Look at it this way, it will cost way less than a new jet boat or a old supercub...

Nice moose - let me guess - 59 inches shot some where on the Kenai peninsula or maybe Cordova?
    Regards,
    Brian

Hehe

Glad to hear it Brian! I have no worries anymore. They all have been super responsive and I was a bit overreactive - mainly from some past experiences with others!

I am very excited to get a Mudd-Ox, and am just awaiting the sale of my Class A 32' motorhome (and some slick wife smoozing over)!

The moose was actually shot at a place I have hunted since I was 14 - little further north to Montana Creek. Unit 14B. Amazing country.

Here is a picture of camp the first year I purchased my Alaknak II tent.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread