vampires, asx vampire combo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: vampires, asx vampire combo

vampires, asx vampire combo

I just finished installing a set off asx vampires on the back of my MaxIV, and then testing them in my pond. Man those tires are wide! About 13 1/2 inches and close to 14. If you will look at the second picture you find tracks from my max up the side of an area I have never been able to pull out of with any other tire combo I have run. This area is slick with mud and leaves you have to be on all fours to walk up or down it. Third picture. Right side is my normal enter and exit point. Left side almost steep enough to flip the max backward and I pulled right out of the pond hanging on for dear life and wishing I hadn't even tried half way up but the max pulled me up and out. Wow! Does this baby climb!!! If swim speed is important don't go with this combo I am guessing 1 to 1 1/2 mph water speed. The max is running beatiful now and is very, very, impressive with the lower gears and red spring clutch. Pulling power is woowwww! Hope to have everything ready for Busco beach and hope to have a second set of the new Argo tires for Busco. Maybe Robbie, Lewis, and I can have a water speed race to see which tire and machine combo swims best! Can't wait!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-17-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    I just finished installing a set off asx vampires on the back of my MaxIV, and then testing them in my pond. Man those tires are wide! About 13 1/2 inches and close to 14. If you will look at the second picture you find tracks from my max up the side of an area I have never been able to pull out of with any other tire combo I have run. This area is slick with mud and leaves you have to be on all fours to walk up or down it. Third picture. Right side is my normal enter and exit point. Left side almost steep enough to flip the max backward and I pulled right out of the pond hanging on for dear life and wishing I hadn't even tried half way up but the max pulled me up and out. Wow! Does this baby climb!!! If swim speed is important don't go with this combo I am guessing 1 to 1 1/2 mph water speed. The max is running beatiful now and is very, very, impressive with the lower gears and red spring clutch. Pulling power is woowwww! Hope to have everything ready for Busco beach and hope to have a second set of the new Argo tires for Busco. Maybe Robbie, Lewis, and I can have a water speed race to see which tire and machine combo swims best! Can't wait!
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Dan, good choice on those ASX tires! I replaced the factory 26" Goodyear Terra tires on my Hustler BIGFOOT and there is no comparision! Those 26" Goodyears were horrible riding and the traction difference between the two is night and day. Those 26" Goodyear tires were developed for small tractors and trenchers and I believe that is the best application for them, although they do swim well, but that's about all.

I've owned and drove many AATV's over the past 10 years with many different tire combinations in a variety of terrain and the 26x13x12 Vampire ASX tires are the best hands down! They are the best tire for mud and snow for sure. With 6 of them on my Hustler, they swim well too. I can't believe you were able to fit them on a Max IV.......it thought they might have been too wide. Did you use any wheel spacers, Dan? Here's a video of my Hustler 980 BIGFOOT in action with the ASX's. Glad to see these tires on your machine.......you're practically unstoppable now!

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

not bad jp how do they swim upstream ? robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

They also move upstream too, this was at Amphiman's house so he can tell us more about it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    They also move upstream too, this was at Amphiman's house so he can tell us more about it.
    coollllllllll

I wish I could make it down to Busco to let you guys try my Hustler out......I think you'd all have a lot of fun with it. I will be at Ashtabula with my racer and I think I'll bring the Hustler with me too so if there are some trails and water we can give it a little workout.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I wish I could make it down to Busco to let you guys try my Hustler out......I think you'd all have a lot of fun with it. I will be at Ashtabula with my racer and I think I'll bring the Hustler with me too so if there are some trails and water we can give it a little workout.
    sweet jp see you at ashtabula . robbie .

Asx

Hey JP, it's good to hear from you and that is a beautiful machine you have there. yes I have 1 1/2 inch custom made wheel spacers that work great! No clearance problems with the ASX tire and these spacers. I only have one set and I can feel the difference in traction. makes make Max very tank like and better in the mud than it has ever been. Vampires seem to dig in mud where the wide foot print of the ASX just grabs and goes. Never saw such traction. Almost scary!

Exclamation tires...

Yes, indeed he was here Twice swimming with them on his Hustler Big Foot.........
    The first time i saw it ,going up UPSTREAM.....I was thoroughly Impressed!! I've NEVER seen an aatv go upstream like that!.Manuverablity, was maximum, in snow most impressive, only second to non, are tracks....
    Those tires have the "Amphiman1 seal of approval...."
    I'm waiting for the remanufacture of them, YES, I want a set too!!
    They are soft, like a balloon tire and have the tread of a very unique design......... they get more of the job done than you think.
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 03-18-2009 at 12:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread