vampires, asx vampire combo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: vampires, asx vampire combo

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    Yes, indeed he was here Twice swimming with them on his Hustler Big Foot.........
    The first time i saw hi going up UPSTREAM.....I was thouroughly Impressed!! I've NEVER seen an aatv go upstream like that!.Manuverablity, was maximum, in snow most impressive, only second to non, are tracks....
    Those tires have the "Amphiman1 seal of approval...."
    I'm waiting for the remanufacture of them, YES, I want a set too!!
    They are soft, like a balloon tire and have the tread of a very unique design......... they get more of the job done than you think.
    coolllllllllllllllll
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Hey JP, it's good to hear from you and that is a beautiful machine you have there. yes I have 1 1/2 inch custom made wheel spacers that work great! No clearance problems with the ASX tire and these spacers. I only have one set and I can feel the difference in traction. makes make Max very tank like and better in the mud than it has ever been. Vampires seem to dig in mud where the wide foot print of the ASX just grabs and goes. Never saw such traction. Almost scary!
    Thanks for the kind words, Dan. The guys at Recreatives and I were discussing putting 26" ASX's on a Max IV when I was at the factory with my Hustler BIGFOOT, but it didn't look possible because the tire was so wide and the Max IV axles weren't long enough. I think you're absolutely right about the ASX's just grabbing and going compared to the regular Vampires just digging down. Boncrshr and I have spent lots of time figuring out the mathematics and all of the details behind both Vampire tires and it seems like the width of the ASX allow it to exert less PSI, and also since the tread depth is 1" on the ASX compared to the regular Vampire which is around 1.25" it will keep the machine from digging down too much. Also, those super aggressive side wall lugs on the ASX's, which the regular Vampires don't have, really help in the deep mud, snow, and even with water speed. I'm glad to hear that you put these tires on your Max IV and can't wait to see them in action. I bet you were smiliing like a kid in a candy store the first time you had them out.......I know I was! Is there a possibility that 4 more of these tires might find their way onto your rig? Nice work, Dan!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I love my Vampires for sure....heads and shoulders above the Rawhides and Kenda Bearclaws I had on my 950. However; as mentioned they do dig fast if you are heavy on the throttle...patience is key.

But I will say that IMO the ASX is the ultimate tire thus far, especially after seeing it swim. If you subscribe to the theory of low exerted psi=best performance in soft mud, the ASX is the widest tire available as far as I know???

Hey JP, aren't your ASX's a full 14" wide at 2psi?? That is a HUGE footprint.

EDIT: My 25x13-9 Vampires are 12.5" wide at 2psi on MattO rims.
    Hammers should have warning labels.

Interco Vampire ASX

Hey Guy's,

Where did you find these tires for sale? I can't seem to find anyone who carries them?

Thanks,
    Rut

I'm pretty sure they are no longer in production.
    You may want to give Interco Tire a call at 337-334-3814
    I would think if there was enough demand for this tire, it would come back.
    Maybe Recreatives could pick this tire up as a big tire option on the MAX IV instead of the 26" rawhides? Maybe even reach an agreement for them to supply a 22x13x9 version as o.e.m. for the MAX II
    Last edited by SWAMP HAWG; 03-25-2009 at 02:57 AM.

Just ordered 6 new Vampire ASX 26-12-12 tires from 4 wheel parts for $637 delivered.

Rut

fulleraviation,

The ASX tire was never a big seller ,so due to lack of sales , it was later discontinued.

I heard that the ASX production run was just temporarily being stopped just for a few months, but it will be starting back up. I think Boncrshr might be able to shed some light on this subject. Either way, I say it is the best tire for any AATV that is able to fit it.

And by the way, Fulleraviation, be sure to give us the full report on them when you get them on your Max IV.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have been speaking with Interco about different tire options. The ASX's are not discontinued. As Jeff said they are actually moving production to a new plant. The ASX's will not be produced for a couple of months but then they will be back online when the new plant is up and running. Same goes for several of their other tires.

That's the same thing they told me.....
    Hammers should have warning labels.

+ Reply to Thread