The High Lifter Out laws really swim

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The High Lifter Out laws really swim

The High Lifter Out laws really swim

I was on Route 6x6 and watched a video posted on You-tube showing the Hydro Traxx in action. This is one bad to the bone, mud eating machine, with the turbo charged diesel motor, and 28 inch, High Lifter Outlaws on it!

I now know the High Lifter Out laws swim! This is the video I needed to see. I don,t need fast water speed,, just reasonable water speed to reach the other side. The way the Out Law tires are designed,,they clean out really good. The shape of the treads, as they wrap around the side walls on both sides of the tire, upwardly,causes them to scoop the water.

Type in Hydro Traxx on You-Tube video and watch it action!
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-15-2007 at 02:54 AM.

Why don't you post the link so we can watch it here?

Edit: Is this is?

YouTube - HydroTraxx - The Ultimate Amphibious ATV
    Last edited by Mike; 09-15-2007 at 03:46 PM.

I kinda figured they would swim based on the tread pattern plus the lugs are cupped, and the side lugs would act as paddles.

Someone said they would "provide zero water speed" and they "saw no point in running these tires " in another post??

I would find it funny for Hydrotraxx to sell an amphibious vehicle with tires that provide zero water speed.
    This video really puts that to rest.

I don't know how many of you on here have had experience with Outlaws on your quads. I have run All the top names ( mudzilla, mud machines, vampires, EDL's etc),and the Outlaw is the best pure mud tire 9 out of 10 places.
    By no stretch of your imagination will a rawhide , rawhideIII , Gator or even the new ARGO 189, touch this tires performance in real mud.

Now that I know for sure they swim, how to get ' em to fit my little Attex.

Is the hydrotrax really swimming ????

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m7cFRagxZs"]From the video i don't think the the vehicle is floating and probably touching the bottom. The tire rpm is very slow with almost no roost from the rear tires. I have attached the Ledges lake experience and you can compare various machines swimming. The king of the pond was a new avenger with max4 tires. If you got in the way of his roost he drowned you.

Ledges video link

The Vampires ,Out laws and also the Swamp Fox,s are 4-wheeler, ATV, mud tires, and not tires that were made for amphibious machines, but they do in fact swim, only slowly through the water. If you try to "roost" through the water with these mud tires,,you will hardly go any where at all in the water. The key to using these tires is slow water speed,and only partial throttle openings.

I care not how fast I go through the water on my amphib, but only how I make it up the wet creek bank ,as I come out of the water, or through lots of gumbo clay mud, thats in abundance, in Louisiana and south east Texas where we ride.

I have seen lots of Argo,s ( big foot ) and Max II,s in the videos made by John Swab, struggle to make it through certain muddy and very challenging trail sections, and another Argo with Vampire tires, paddle slowly throiugh the water, and go through the very same muddy trail section, and make it look easy.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 02-25-2008 at 02:54 AM.

Mud tires or Swimming tires??

This is an interesting topic and it would great to have a survey on what tires work best for which conditions. Anybody use a combination of tires? The swimming performance has alot to do with the vehicle and tire combination. For instance my 25" rawhide 3 on my Hustler are very poor in the water while the same tire on my bigfoot is excellent. I have had chevrons on a scrambler that worked very well While runamucks did not.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    This is an interesting topic and it would great to have a survey on what tires work best for which conditions. Anybody use a combination of tires? The swimming performance has alot to do with the vehicle and tire combination. For instance my 25" rawhide 3 on my Hustler are very poor in the water while the same tire on my bigfoot is excellent. I have had chevrons on a scrambler that worked very well While runamucks did not.
    Yes,,at the moment I am using a combination of tires on my Max IV. Several months ago I decided to replace the 26 inch Good years that came on my Max with some Gators. I sadly found out later on, after I tried the Gators in the water, that they hardly had any water speed at all. So I now have a combination of tires on my Max that is working really well.

I now have the Gators on the front, with the V part of the tire facing forward for maximum traction, and the Good years on the middle and rear with the V facing backwards for maximum water speed. This combinatiion has worked out really well.

The Gators on the front really help out when you are trying climb a hill, when coming out of the water. This combo also works really great in thick mud when you are trying to go forward, but you can,t,, because your tires are not sheading the mud fast enough
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-22-2007 at 04:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread