Same Pond, This time with Tracks!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Same Pond, This time with Tracks!

Same Pond, This time with Tracks!

So, This time I cross the same pond, but with the Supertracks on. These tracks will push you backwards if you turn them too fast in the water. This works fine in some conditions, but I'm sure you could imagine the problems with having to spin your tracks backwards to make the machine go forward.......and then bumping into shore.
    You will see, at one point I'm heading toward a stump, and to make myself turn left away from it I spin my left track faster forward (too much, I might add).
    The machine was loaded exactly the same for both of the crossings, but I didn't take the same line across

Hard to tell, but it looks like you had an easier time steering without the tracks. Do you think the tracks would work better in snow rather than water?Thanks for letting us see the comparison. We enjoy your videos. Keep them coming.

I can't believe how slow you had to go to get forward momentum while you were floating. I guess the only good thing about it is that you don't have to hit reverse if you need to back up. Just nail the throttle.

Do you run the tracks much?

It is definatly easier to swim and turn in the water without tracks. Tracks in the water is, at best, NOT GOOD AT ALL (Plastic tracks that is, I have not tried rubber tracks). Running the Supertracks in the snow, on the other hand is pretty good, they will take you almost anywhere, hauling almost anything. I have a couple vids of my Argo running in the snow, but I believe that I posted them already. I will link them again if you want to see them.

I only run the tracks on my Argo's if I KNOW that I will be mucking around on the bad trails, or in the winter (Last winter we had about 9 feet of snowfall)
    Tracks are, IMO, very hard on bearing, axles, chains, and tires. I get roughly, half life, out of bearings and chains when running tracks. It only takes about 15 minutes to put the tracks on or take them off.

+ Reply to Thread