red spring on a t20 clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: red spring on a t20 clutch

pull out the tranny , remove the clutch, I soaked mine with wd for a few days and it came right off then take apart the clutch (it all comes apart after you remove it from the shaft) watch out for the little key thing , slide out the old spring,push on it a few times and say wow thats weak compaired to the new one, put in the new one , slap it back together and walla...hope that helps

Almost sounds too easy. The old clutch comes off pretty easy. Sounds like the 2nd step is even easier.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kestianj View Post
    pull out the tranny , remove the clutch, I soaked mine with wd for a few days and it came right off then take apart the clutch (it all comes apart after you remove it from the shaft) watch out for the little key thing , slide out the old spring,push on it a few times and say wow thats weak compaired to the new one, put in the new one , slap it back together and walla...hope that helps
    this thread is uless with out pictures
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I'll try filming it and put it on Vimeo...with copyrighted rock and roll playing on it.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rdr View Post
    sorry I didnt take any, but its really easy ,like a 30 min job

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Kestian, I really wish I could give you an answer based in factual evidence. But I didn't realize how much the incorrect throttle cable setting affected the overall performance of my machine until after I had changed both the cable and sprockets. Bummer! I do however know that it greatly increased my log dragging ability and crawling up short steep banks is also easier, I can go up stuff at about half the rpms that I used to have trouble with.

I can also tell you that I had to add to the length of the chains, I needed a half-link but have heard of other members having problems with chain breakage when using them. On the right side I only had to add 1 link, but the left side needed 2 links 2 links was actually way more than actually needed but 1 was about a link pin width too short. After I ran it this way for a while I managed to get down to only 1 link, but it's really tight, and I will go back to the longer until it stretches some more. I think that Boncrshr had this same problem. I toyed with the idea of shimming the tranny up some, but then I would have to change the shift linkage ... One thing I have learned about these machines; (and it may just be me) everything you change- changes something else and that changes something and ...

Gregg

Smile experience..

Quote Originally Posted by rdr View Post
    Try rebuilding , fixing, etc over 400 ? some machines, of all different kinds too, over a 30+ year period,, you learn much, knolledge replaces fear,, one learns alot.....
    The accumlative knollege of this sight is very fascinating, you can learn much on this site, what fits, what doesn't, where to get pieces, parts, the best deal on where to buy, even obsolete parts to repair or replace what ever you have... from gip seas to maxll's and how to fix almost everything too.
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 04-22-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kestianj View Post
    brushcutter, is that 40 tooth worth all the work?
    YES!!!! That is the biggest bang for the buck modification I have done....it turns your Hustler into a tractor!!
    Hammers should have warning labels.

where do you buy the red spring? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zip6x6 View Post
    where do you buy the red spring? thanks
    I too would like to know. I see Richards relics has them but have read to stay away.

+ Reply to Thread