Street Legal Attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street Legal Attex

Street Legal Attex

The're really starting to crack down out here on us off roaders. I guess there are just to many of us now. A 1,000 people move to Az. every day. Just a few short years ago you could just about go anywhere you wanted to. But that's slowly comming to an end. Unless your street legal. So thats what I'm doing to all my cars. My Red Max is alread done. Bridget's paperwork is all in order, just waiting to get it back on all six so we can get it emission tested.My Attex now has brake lights, rear view mirror and a horn. Those are the 3 requirements. You can see the fines in the first pic.(ouch) I'm sure it depends if your stoped by a cool ranger or by Barney Fife. Oh yea,and you have to have insurance. So I've got all the base's covered and ready to play.
    There still are a lot of designated areas to ride, so thats a good thing. You can see on the map that you can still ride on all the trails in black. That map is North of lake Pleasent which is about 10 miles north from my house. And I've got boat tags to, so I'll be able to go just about anywhere I want to again.Don't let this discourage any of you from bringing your cars out west for a winter ride, We just stay off the red roads.Bring your cameras the desert is awsome.

While the fine is steep, I think the maximum of 12 months in prison is really crazy.

Large inmate, "So, what are you in here for"
    Whipper, "I drove my Attex across a road without plates, and you?"
    Large inmate, "I murdered 13 people and flipped off a nun"
    Whipper *sigh*

By the way, I love the part that says "AVOID CREATING DUST"
    You may not be safe after all

Actually the rules are reasonable, and may weed out some of the nut jobs.
    I live in NJ and the state has atv registration but no legal place to ride ATV's except on private property. Actually the brake lights are not a bad idea. I have been bumped on trail rides a couple of times. We all tend to sight see.
    Any photos on the the brake light switch installation Whipper.

that's strange - it seems like California actually has it easier than Arizona. the only thing i need to get is a red or green sticker. since my 2 stroke is older than 2003, i should be okay to get a green sticker. so much for riding out of state.

Got It! I might just have to try driving it to work some day. I went through all the BS they wanted, wired up a horn, brake lights, bought a mirror, even put on a muffler so they could'nt say it was to loud. And just as I thought they checked nothing. They did ask me where the reciept was for the transmission,I told them it does'nt have one. they said oh ok.
    I stopped at proggressive on the way home to get insurance. Great deal, $75
    ea. car, per year. $6.25 per month. Now I can truly go anywhere.
    Attached Images

Street Legal

Very cool Whipper! I have always wanted to drive my Max on the road! Is it registered as an Atv, Motorcycle or car? I will have to check into that for new york. Its already registered as a atv and a boat, maybe I can register it as a homebuilt car too......

Only in my wildest dreams did I ever think that a fully suspended 6 wheeler could be driving down the road legally.

I did hear of two crazy guys named Dan and Eric that took a Max II through a Burger King or McDonalds drive-thru, haha.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Dan78 View Post
    Very cool Whipper! I have always wanted to drive my Max on the road! Is it registered as an Atv, Motorcycle or car? I will have to check into that for new york. Its already registered as a atv and a boat, maybe I can register it as a homebuilt car too......
    Dan,Its registered as a reconstructed Atv and issued motorcycle plates.I just told them I built the hole car from scratch. And they bought it!

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    I just told them I built the hole car from scratch. And they bought it!
    Uh..... you did . The plastic doesn't count in my opinion. It's just a pretty waterproof wrapper....

~M

Interesting...

We got the Little Truck street legal too. It has a horn (not that you can't hear it coming!), indicators, rear view mirror and working stop lights. It has a license tag stating it is valid for limited road use (in between trails, beaches, backing on and off trailers etc), but technically I am sure that a Cop could not do much if I drove it around the block... It is insured also (which is my main thing I enforce with any vehicle).

I just think it is a sign of the times no matter what part of the globe you are on...

+ Reply to Thread